Can't see LDAP users in the admin dashboard

Can't see LDAP users in the admin dashboard

alipawsey
Hi Guacamole Community,

I followed the procedure to add LDAP plugin to Guacamole and I know that for
LDAP users to appear within the users tab (in the admin dashboard), you must
log in as an LDAP user, and that user's corresponding account in the
database must have administrative privileges as explained here:
http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/ldap-auth.html#ldap-and-database

But I still don't have LDAP user list in my admin dashboard under user tab.
Here is my ldap setting in /etc/guacamole/guacamole.properties

mysql-hostname: localhost
mysql-port: 3306
mysql-database: guacamole_db
mysql-username: guacamole_user
mysql-password: guaca_password

#LDAP Properties
ldap-hostname: XXX.ppc.oo.aa
#ldap-port: 389
ldap-encryption-method: ssl
ldap-user-base-dn: ou=people,dc=pp,dc=oo,dc=aa
ldap-username-attribute: uid
ldap-user-search-filter: (objectClass=user)(!(objectCategory=computer))
ldap-group-base-dn: cn=visualisation
users,ou=hosts,ou=groups,dc=pp,dc=oo,dc=aa
ldap-group-name-attribute: memberUid
ldap-max-search-results: 6000

Just to mention that I have both mysql and ldap setting in my setup.
Would be great if someone can advise me on this.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Can't see LDAP users in the admin dashboard

vnick
On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 9:42 PM alipawsey <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Guacamole Community,

I followed the procedure to add LDAP plugin to Guacamole and I know that for
LDAP users to appear within the users tab (in the admin dashboard), you must
log in as an LDAP user, and that user's corresponding account in the
database must have administrative privileges as explained here:
http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/ldap-auth.html#ldap-and-database

But I still don't have LDAP user list in my admin dashboard under user tab.
Here is my ldap setting in /etc/guacamole/guacamole.properties

What version of Guacamole are you using?

Re: Can't see LDAP users in the admin dashboard

alipawsey
It's version 1.0.0 which is the latest.

On Wed, Dec 4, 2019 at 5:24 AM alipawsey <[hidden email]> wrote:
It's version 1.0.0 which is the latest.

Any error messages at login time in catalina.out that indicate why it cannot search/find users?  Also, I think 1.0.0 may have a couple of bugs or quirks that cause this behavior - hopefully fixed in upcoming 1.1.0 release.

Re: Can't see LDAP users in the admin dashboard

alipawsey
No error message in catalina.out.
I think I am doing something wrong at some point in the connection setting.
Is it possible to share here a connection setting example which works with
ldap and shows ldap users in the admin user tab?