Clipboard Usage

Philip Abbey
Is there any way to make the copy & paste actions more end-to-end?

https://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/using-guacamole.html#using-the-clipboard

Is there an option I can set to ensure that what I copy in the client gets
straight through to the host without having to Ctrl+Alt+Shift to see an
intermediate buffer, and then copy & paste again?

Did I describe that well enough?

Thanks,

Philip

Sent from: http://apache-guacamole-incubating-users.2363388.n4.nabble.com/

Re: Clipboard Usage

Steve Karam
Hi Philip,

On a supported guacamole desktop, an icon in the extensions bar will let you allow direct copy/paste. I’m not sure what the minimum required guacamole version is, but it didn’t work on 0.9.7.

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from: http://apache-guacamole-incubating-users.2363388.n4.nabble.com/

Re: Clipboard Usage

vnick
On Sun, Oct 8, 2017 at 3:37 PM, Steve Karam <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Philip,

On a supported guacamole desktop, an icon in the extensions bar will let you allow direct copy/paste. I’m not sure what the minimum required guacamole version is, but it didn’t work on 0.9.7.

 I tracked it down not too long ago, and I believe it was either 0.9.10 or 0.9.11 where support was added; however, using the latest version (0.9.13-incubating or building from git master) definitely works.

Chrome requires the extension, and I believe Firefox requires a certain version capable of loading Chrome-style extensions, but I could be wrong about that.

Re: Clipboard Usage

Mike Jumper
On Sun, Oct 8, 2017 at 6:07 PM, Nick Couchman <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sun, Oct 8, 2017 at 3:37 PM, Steve Karam <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Philip,

On a supported guacamole desktop, an icon in the extensions bar will let you allow direct copy/paste. I’m not sure what the minimum required guacamole version is, but it didn’t work on 0.9.7.

 I tracked it down not too long ago, and I believe it was either 0.9.10 or 0.9.11 where support was added; however, using the latest version (0.9.13-incubating or building from git master) definitely works.

The JIRA issue associated with this change was:

The change was merged for 0.9.10-incubating, so anything 0.9.10 or later will have this support. The releases prior to acceptance into the Incubator (0.9.9 and earlier) will lack this support.

Re: Clipboard Usage

Philip Abbey
Steve Karam wrote
> If you’re using Chrome you can install this extension:
> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/clipboard-permission-mana/ipbhneeanpgkaleihlknhjiaamobkceh?hl=en

Just the job, thanks.

Philip

--