Connection Error

Prince V S
Hi,

I am new to Guacamole. I have installed guacamole in lab and testing the
same.

I am observing " connection error" frequently. I am getting this error
frequently when i click mouse. The same error is not seen when video is
played in remote machine.

Please provide your suggestion to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Prince V S

Re: Connection Error

ivanmarcus

Prince,

It would be helpful if you could provide detail on the version of Guacamole you have installed, the OS distribution you're using, the version of FreeRDP, and whether this is installed in a VM, bare metal, or docker?

Also, what is the connection type (eg. VNC, RDP etc), and what OS is the target machine running (eg. Win7, Win10, Mint etc)?

Finally, have you looked at the log files? Their location may depend on the OS but generally syslog and catalina.out are useful and the information therein may assist in narrowing down the issue.

On 24/06/2020 4:32 p.m., Prince V S wrote:
Hi,

I am new to Guacamole. I have installed guacamole in lab and testing the same.

I am observing " connection error" frequently. I am getting this error frequently when i click mouse. The same error is not seen when video is played in remote machine.

Please provide your suggestion to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Prince V S

Re: Connection Error

Prince V S
Hi Ivanmarcus,

Please find the system details below. I checked the logs and found VNC
connection error (Error writing to TLS: Error in the push function). Is
it a configuration issue?

Guacamole version                : 1.1.0
OS version                             : Ubuntu server 18.04 LTS Bionic
OS type                                  : VM
Freerdp version                      : freerdp2
Connection type                     : vnc,rdp(both)
OS version(target machine)   : ubuntu 18.04 desktop,redhat 7.7,centos 7,
windows 7, windows 2012 server

Regards,

Prince V S

On 24/06/20 10:40 am, ivanmarcus wrote:

> Prince,
>
> It would be helpful if you could provide detail on the version of
> Guacamole you have installed, the OS distribution you're using, the
> version of FreeRDP, and whether this is installed in a VM, bare metal,
> or docker?
>
> Also, what is the connection type (eg. VNC, RDP etc), and what OS is
> the target machine running (eg. Win7, Win10, Mint etc)?
>
> Finally, have you looked at the log files? Their location may depend
> on the OS but generally syslog and catalina.out are useful and the
> information therein may assist in narrowing down the issue.
>
> On 24/06/2020 4:32 p.m., Prince V S wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am new to Guacamole. I have installed guacamole in lab and testing
>> the same.
>>
>> I am observing " connection error" frequently. I am getting this
>> error frequently when i click mouse. The same error is not seen when
>> video is played in remote machine.
>>
>> Please provide your suggestion to resolve this issue.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Prince V S

Re: Connection Error

mjumper
Administrator
On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 12:43 AM Prince V S <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ivanmarcus,

Please find the system details below. I checked the logs and found VNC
connection error (Error writing to TLS: Error in the push function). Is
it a configuration issue?

Freerdp version                      : freerdp2

Beware that "freerdp2" (and even something like "2.0.0") is unfortunately vague. There are quite a few versions of this library around, many actually being git snapshots. Even two packages that appear to have the same version number may be significantly different:

Do you know what specific version of the package is installed?

Connection type                     : vnc,rdp(both)

You are seeing this behavior with both VNC and RDP?

Re: Connection Error

Prince V S

Hi,

FreeRDP version is 2.1.1.

We are seeing same behavior for both VNC and RDP.

Is the issue GUACAMOLE-414 fixed in staging branch 1.2.0?

Regards,

Prince V S

On 24/06/20 3:44 pm, Mike Jumper wrote:
On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 12:43 AM Prince V S <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ivanmarcus,

Please find the system details below. I checked the logs and found VNC
connection error (Error writing to TLS: Error in the push function). Is
it a configuration issue?

Freerdp version                      : freerdp2

Beware that "freerdp2" (and even something like "2.0.0") is unfortunately vague. There are quite a few versions of this library around, many actually being git snapshots. Even two packages that appear to have the same version number may be significantly different:

Do you know what specific version of the package is installed?

Connection type                     : vnc,rdp(both)

You are seeing this behavior with both VNC and RDP?

Re: Connection Error

vnick
On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 7:17 AM Prince V S <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

FreeRDP version is 2.1.1.

We are seeing same behavior for both VNC and RDP.

Is the issue GUACAMOLE-414 fixed in staging branch 1.2.0?

Yes, GUACAMOLE-413 is fixed in the staging/1.2.0 branch.

Any log output from guacd in your syslog facility?

-NIck

-NIck