Connection history and recordings?

Joachim Lindenberg

I am trying to understand what I need to do in my extension to enable connection-history and whether it is feasible to include the recordings there (i.e. some browser interaction rather than command line). So far I looked at

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/administration.html#connection-history

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html

but I might miss a pointer.

Also: is there any retention interval defined on these?

Any hint?

Thanks, Joachim

Re: Connection history and recordings?

vnick
On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 1:05 AM, Joachim Lindenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

I am trying to understand what I need to do in my extension to enable connection-history and whether it is feasible to include the recordings there (i.e. some browser interaction rather than command line). So far I looked at

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/administration.html#connection-history

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html

but I might miss a pointer.

Also: is there any retention interval defined on these?

Any hint?

Thanks, Joachim

The biggest issue is that the recordings are generated by guacd, while the extension is part of the Guacamole Client.  In order to integrate the two you will need some way to couple the recordings on the guacd side with whatever method you use to track them on the Guacamole Client side.

And, to answer your second question, neither guacd nor the Guacamole Client currently enforce any retention interval on the recordings - there is no setting for it, and it's up to you to keep them cleaned up.  Again, once you have your extension written and you've found a way to connect the recordings generated by guacd to the connections you may find it easier to also implement a way to enforce retention.

-Nick