Debian Stretch and FreeRDP ca1cec6

Rocky Borrego
Hi!

Last year I was able to get RPD working with Display Update.  I got it working by building FreeRDP ca1cec6 on Debian Jessie following the instruction in the FreeRDP wiki.

We are now upgrading to Debian Stretch and tried the same process but am getting the follwoing build error:
CMake Error at channels/client/CMakeLists.txt:27 (list):
  list sub-command REMOVE_DUPLICATES requires list to be present.

Is there workaround for getting ca1cec6 to build on Stretch?  Or is there a more recent version that can be used with Guacamole and Debian Stretch that will provide support for Display Update?

Rocky

NextStep Cloud

Rafael 'Rocky' Borrego
847.778.2033

NextStep Cloud
847.801.9250
Any Program. Any Device. Any Time.

Re: Debian Stretch and FreeRDP ca1cec6

Rocky Borrego
Nick, you are right.  Please allow me to rephrase the question.

Which version of FreeRDP is compatible and supported by Guacamole 0.9.14 that will provide support for Display Update within a Guacamole RDP connection?

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 11:23 AM Rocky Borrego <[hidden email]> wrote:
I just build Guacamole server with FreeRDP 1.1 and "Display Update" does not work.  How can I get "Display Update" to work?

What do you mean by "Display Update"?

What version of Windows are you connecting to?

What version of Windows are you connecting to?

Re: Debian Stretch and FreeRDP ca1cec6

vnick
On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 12:39 PM Rocky Borrego <[hidden email]> wrote:
Windows Server 2016.

Based on some digging, it looks like this will only work with an unreleased version of FreeRDP:

According to that thread, the commit that fixes this in the FreeRDP API is actually later than the 1.2.0 beta release (never actually got released).  From what I can see in the FreeRDP github repo, that commit is in the master branch along with several of the 2.0.0 branches, so it probably will work once Guacamole can compile against FreeRDP 2.0.0 (not a trivial exercise).  There's a JIRA issue already open for that effort:

-Nick

Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 11.12.32 AM.png (34K) Download Attachment