Entire screen is being highlighted

Zachary Bonjour
Hello everyone!  I have about 20 users on Chromebooks who are accessing Windows Server 2008 R2 desktops.  Somehow, two of them are managing to highlight the RDP screen like it is an image or block of text.  I can't seem to reproduce it, and the only way they are able to fix it is to close the browser tab.  I've attached a screenshot and I hope someone knows what is going on.  Running Guac 0.9.9

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any files transmitted with it are intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. The message, together with any attachment, may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, printing, saving, copying, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete all copies.

Screenshot 2016-12-09 at 9.51.11 AM - Display 2.png (125K) Download Attachment

Re: Entire screen is being highlighted

David Landry
If you look at the HTML client source, the RDP screen _is_ a giant image. There is a canvas element set to be the same size as your browser viewport. Images from the Guac server are composited into that canvas.

You can reproduce the problem if you press Ctrl-Alt-Shift to open the Guac menu (showing a clipboard text input and drive redirection stuff), then select some of the text in that menu and drag your mouse back over the RDP screen.

You should be able to fix it by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Shift and clicking on one of the normal HTML elements in the menu.

--

---

David Landry

Re: Entire screen is being highlighted

Mike Jumper
On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 12:59 PM, David Landry <[hidden email]> wrote:
> If you look at the HTML client source, the RDP screen _is_ a giant image.
> There is a canvas element set to be the same size as your browser viewport.
> Images from the Guac server are composited into that canvas.

While it is true that the display is represented using DOM elements
backed by the canvas element, I'd still consider it a bug if the
display is selectable. This is not supposed to be the case.

> You can reproduce the problem if you press Ctrl-Alt-Shift to open the Guac
> menu (showing a clipboard text input and drive redirection stuff), then
> select some of the text in that menu and drag your mouse back over the RDP
> screen.

Following these steps, I have not been able to reproduce this myself.

Zachary, can you confirm with your users whether they have steps to reproduce?

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 4:06 PM Mike Jumper <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 12:59 PM, David Landry <[hidden email]> wrote:
> You can reproduce the problem if you press Ctrl-Alt-Shift to open the Guac
> menu (showing a clipboard text input and drive redirection stuff), then
> select some of the text in that menu and drag your mouse back over the RDP
> screen.

Following these steps, I have not been able to reproduce this myself.

Really? Weird. Here's a short video of me recreating the problem. I found a second way to select the RDP screen too.

--

---

David Landry