Error with timezone in 1.1.0

Devine, Harry (FAA)-2

I’m creating an Ansible role to install Guacamole.  The role runs but when guacd is started, /var/log/messages shows the following errors:

Jun  2 09:29:43 role-test server: 09:29:43.402 [http-bio-8080-exec-2] WARN  o.a.g.e.AuthenticationProviderFacade - The "mysql" authentication provider has encountered an internal error which will halt the authentication process. If this is unexpected or you are the developer of this authentication provider, you may wish to enable debug-level logging. If this is expected and you wish to ignore such failures in the future, please set "skip-if-unavailable: mysql" within your guacamole.properties.

Jun  2 09:29:43 role-test server: 09:29:43.403 [http-bio-8080-exec-2] ERROR o.a.g.rest.RESTExceptionMapper - Unexpected internal error:

Jun  2 09:29:43 role-test server: ### Error querying database.  Cause: java.sql.SQLException: The server time zone value 'EDT' is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone. You must configure either the server or JDBC driver (via the serverTimezone configuration property) to use a more specifc time zone value if you want to utilize time zone support.

Jun  2 09:29:43 role-test server: ### The error may exist in org/apache/guacamole/auth/jdbc/user/UserMapper.xml

Jun  2 09:29:43 role-test server: ### The error may involve org.apache.guacamole.auth.jdbc.user.UserMapper.selectOne

Jun  2 09:29:43 role-test server: ### The error occurred while executing a query

Jun  2 09:29:43 role-test server: ### Cause: java.sql.SQLException: The server time zone value 'EDT' is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone. You must configure either the server or JDBC driver (via the serverTimezone configuration property) to use a more specifc time zone value if you want to utilize time zone support.

We’re not using UserMapping.xml, but we have MySQL and LDAP authentication configured.  How can I find this error and fix it?

Thanks,

Harry

Harry Devine

DOT/FAA/AJM-2431

Secure-OSE Adminstrator

Red Hat Certfied System Adminstrator (RHCSA)

[hidden email]

(609)485-4218

Building 300, 3rd Floor, Column L20 (3L20)

Re: Error with timezone in 1.1.0

Niubbo75-2
Hi, you have to setup default time zone in your my.cnf
For me (Italy) the correct is +02:00
Remember to restart MySQL.
Regards,
Alessandro

RE: Error with timezone in 1.1.0

Devine, Harry (FAA)-2
MySQL is installed as part of the mariadb package on RHEL 7 in our role.  The /etc/my.cnf doesn't have anything about timezone.  Do you have an example of what it should look like?  I could add it to the Ansible role to add the timezone into /etc/my.cnf.

Thanks,
Harry

Hi, you have to setup default time zone in your my.cnf For me (Italy) the correct is +02:00 Remember to restart MySQL.
Regards,
Alessandro

RE: Error with timezone in 1.1.0

Niubbo75-2
On CentOS7:
/etc/my.cnf.d/server.cnf

<code>
#
# These groups are read by MariaDB server.
# Use it for options that only the server (but not clients) should see
#
# See the examples of server my.cnf files in /usr/share/mysql/
#

# this is read by the standalone daemon and embedded servers
[server]
default-time-zone=+00:00 #Set here your Time Zone, for Italy is +02:00

# this is only for the mysqld standalone daemon
[mysqld]

# this is only for embedded server
[embedded]

# This group is only read by MariaDB-5.5 servers.
# If you use the same .cnf file for MariaDB of different versions,
# use this group for options that older servers don't understand
[mysqld-5.5]

# These two groups are only read by MariaDB servers, not by MySQL.
# If you use the same .cnf file for MySQL and MariaDB,
# you can put MariaDB-only options here
[mariadb]

[mariadb-5.5]</code>

Regards,