File Upload to Centos7 using SFTP fails with You do not have permission to upload this file. If you require access, please check your system settings, or check with your system administrator.

File Upload to Centos7 using SFTP fails with You do not have permission to upload this file. If you require access, please check your system settings, or check with your system administrator.

Keith

Hi, If we try to upload a file it's failing with the following error, and we are not sure why. We are logged into a Centos7 server as root when we do the upload. I have also checked the number of connections that are allowed.

The error message we get is.....

Thanks

Keith

Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and other accredited email services.
For more information and to find out how you can switch, visit http://support.nhs.net/joiningnhsmail

RE: File Upload to Centos7 using SFTP fails with You do not have permission to upload this file. If you require access, please check your system settings, or check with your system administrator.

Tony Hooker

This has to most definitely be a problem on the CentOS side. Try connecting with Filezilla and attempt a transfer as a troubleshooting control.

Re: File Upload to Centos7 using SFTP fails with You do not have permission to upload this file. If you require access, please check your system settings, or check with your system administrator.

Keith
Thanks for your advice, I managed to get FileZilla to upload a file directly onto the server after disabling selinux on the "target" server. :>)

I was still unable to upload files but It turned out it was only big files that I couldn't upload so the problem for me was in nginx that we had in front of Guacamole so I set "client_max_body_size 800M;" and we can upload large files now.

On 14/06/17 16:51, Tony Hooker wrote:

This has to most definitely be a problem on the CentOS side. Try connecting with Filezilla and attempt a transfer as a troubleshooting control.

Re: File Upload to Centos7 using SFTP fails with You do not have permission to upload this file. If you require access, please check your system settings, or check with your system administrator.

Mike Jumper
On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 6:34 AM, SCOTT, Keith (NHS NATIONAL SERVICES SCOTLAND) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks for your advice, I managed to get FileZilla to upload a file directly onto the server after disabling selinux on the "target" server. :>)

Were you able to determine which selinux policies to set such that selinux can be re-enabled?