Fwd: Rest service as extension in 0.9.13

Fwd: Rest service as extension in 0.9.13

Денис Клеверов

Hello,

My name is Denis, I am a student and working with Guacamole.

According to this  issue

It’s possible to create Rest services as extensions. Could you please provide some working code example of this feature.

Thank you

Denis Kleverov

Re: Fwd: Rest service as extension in 0.9.13

vnick
Денис Клеверов wrote
> It’s possible to create Rest services as extensions. Could you please
> provide some working code example of this feature.
>
> Thank you
>
> Denis Kleverov

Denis,
I know this is an older post, but I was going back over the list looking for
unanswered ones and came across this.  If you're still interested, I have at
least one example.  First, there is a section in the manual about it that
describes some basics:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/guacamole-ext.html#ext-rest-resources
<http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/guacamole-ext.html#ext-rest-resources>

I'm writing a "QuickConnect" module for Guacamole that puts a connection bar
on the home page to allow you to enter a connection URI (e.g.
ssh://host.example.com) and parses out the components and creates a
connection on-the-fly.  As part of this effort I have written a simple REST
endpoint.  Relevant code is:

https://github.com/necouchman/incubator-guacamole-client/blob/c30a35073701fcd0d35476692857a6c03016f724/extensions/guacamole-auth-quickconnect/src/main/java/org/apache/guacamole/auth/quickconnect/QuickConnectUserContext.java#L131

https://github.com/necouchman/incubator-guacamole-client/blob/GUACAMOLE-38/extensions/guacamole-auth-quickconnect/src/main/java/org/apache/guacamole/auth/quickconnect/rest/QuickConnectREST.java
<https://github.com/necouchman/incubator-guacamole-client/blob/GUACAMOLE-38/extensions/guacamole-auth-quickconnect/src/main/java/org/apache/guacamole/auth/quickconnect/rest/QuickConnectREST.java>

My use of the functionality is exceedingly simple - just enough to create a
single endpoint that takes a POST method and sends the string off the be
parsed.

Sent from: http://apache-guacamole-incubating-users.2363388.n4.nabble.com/