Guac on Chromebook - No sound

Antony
Hi Everyone:

Getting ready for an important customer demo - need help.

Setup guac 0.9.13 WIndows 2016.

When we connect using a WIndows PC, or Mac OSX sound input and output work fine.

When we use the same connection from a Chromebook or an iPad, no sound input or output.

Questions:

- Has anyone been able to get sound to work on Chromebook/iPad?
- Any insights/pointers?

Thanks!

Antony Awaida

Re: Guac on Chromebook - No sound

Mike Jumper-2
On Sat, May 19, 2018 at 7:40 PM, Antony Awaida <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Everyone:

Getting ready for an important customer demo - need help.

Setup guac 0.9.13 WIndows 2016.

When we connect using a WIndows PC, or Mac OSX sound input and output work fine.

When we use the same connection from a Chromebook or an iPad, no sound input or output.

Questions:

- Has anyone been able to get sound to work on Chromebook/iPad?

Chromebook should work fine. My daily machine has been a Chromebook / Chromebox for several years now, as I do all my work over guac. I can't speak to whether recent versions of iOS support audio (my test iPad is ancient), but caniuse shows that it should:

All Guacamole needs for audio support is the Web Audio API.

Re: Guac on Chromebook - No sound

Antony
Thanks Mike for the prompt response:

When I look at the Chrome console on the Chromebook, there is an error: app.js?v=0.9.13-incubating:3 The AudioContext was not allowed to start. It must be resume (or created) after a user gesture on the page. https://goo.gl/7K7WLu

Apparently Google has introduced a new "feature" that prevents autostart of sound - But it was rolled back in Chrome for a few months based on pushback. https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=835767. So sound is working for now but we will need to develop a fix before the re-introduction of the feature.

Anyway, hope this is of value to someone on the list.

Cheers,
Antony

On Sat, May 19, 2018 at 8:06 PM, Mike Jumper <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sat, May 19, 2018 at 7:40 PM, Antony Awaida <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Everyone:

Getting ready for an important customer demo - need help.

Setup guac 0.9.13 WIndows 2016.

When we connect using a WIndows PC, or Mac OSX sound input and output work fine.

When we use the same connection from a Chromebook or an iPad, no sound input or output.

Questions:

- Has anyone been able to get sound to work on Chromebook/iPad?

Chromebook should work fine. My daily machine has been a Chromebook / Chromebox for several years now, as I do all my work over guac. I can't speak to whether recent versions of iOS support audio (my test iPad is ancient), but caniuse shows that it should:

All Guacamole needs for audio support is the Web Audio API.

Antony Awaida
CEO