Guacamole Installation with separate servers for DMZ and Internal Setup

12

RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Guacamole Installation with separate servers for DMZ and Internal Setup

Neumen - Juan Prigoshin

Have you copy guacamole-auth-jdbc-mysql-1.1.0.jar to extensions directory? And mysql-connector-java-8.0.20.jar to lib directory?

In the guacamole.properties you add the auth for the database??

# MySQL properties

mysql-hostname: localhost

mysql-port: 3306

mysql-database: guacamole_db

mysql-username: guacamole_user

mysql-password: <password>

In the terminal, using this parameters, work the conection?

mysql –user=guacamole_user –-password guacamole_db –h localhost

Sorry if my questions are simple, sometimes happines it’s in simple things

Juan

RE: [Suspected SPAM] RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Guacamole Installation with separate servers for DMZ and Internal Setup

MARTINEZ, ARIEL

I have both .jar files in their respective locations in the extensions and lib directories.

My DB is mariadb and I have added the authentication settings to guacamole.properties. I’m able to connect to the Guacamole database running the command  mysql –user=guacamole_user –-password guacamole_db –h localhost  on the database server, but not from the Guacamole Client server.

Since the database is on another server, other than firewall rules to allow communication over port 3306, is anything else required on the Guacamole Client server to connect to the remote database?

-nick

Re: Guacamole Installation with separate servers for DMZ and Internal Setup

Neumen - Juan Prigoshin

Both jar files and guacamole.properties, are they in the Server with Guacamole Client? The client it’s the one connecting to database.

I think MariaDB it’s only necesary for Client not guacd server.

A imaginary installation :

·         Server 1 : guacd service

·         Server 2 : Tomcat + Guacamole client WAR + guacamole.properties + MariaDB

You installation is :

·         Server 1 : guacd service + MariaDB

·         Server 2 : Tomcat + Guacamole client WAR + guacamole.properties

?

If you cannot connect from de Guacamole client server with

mysql –user=guacamole_user –-password guacamole_db –h <ip Guacamole DB>

Maybe then MariaDB don’t allow connections from outside localhost??

[...]

-nick

RE: [EXTERNAL] [Suspected SPAM] Re: Guacamole Installation with separate servers for DMZ and Internal Setup

MARTINEZ, ARIEL

I have an entry that allows any host for testing. Also I confirmed that the Client server can get to the database server over 3306. I saw another thread in the mailing list about SELINUX possibly needing to be disabled. I am going to try that.

Other than that, I’m wondering if I need to use an older version of the mysql java connector. I’m on CentOS 7 and mariadb  5.5.65

-nick

RE: [EXTERNAL] [Suspected SPAM] Re: Guacamole Installation with separate servers for DMZ and Internal Setup

MARTINEZ, ARIEL

My setup is

Server 1:  guacd service

Server 2: Tomcat + Guacamole client WAR (guacamole.properties)

Server 3: MariaDB

I tried disabling SELINUX and it had no effect.

-nick

RE: [EXTERNAL] [Suspected SPAM] Re: Guacamole Installation with separate servers for DMZ and Internal Setup

MARTINEZ, ARIEL

In case someone else has this issue, using the mysql Connector/J 5.1.49 worked. It does not work with the latest GA release and mariadb 5.5.65.

[...]

-nick

Re: [EXTERNAL] [Suspected SPAM] Re: Guacamole Installation with separate servers for DMZ and Internal Setup

vnick
On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 11:34 AM MARTINEZ, ARIEL <[hidden email]> wrote:

In case someone else has this issue, using the mysql Connector/J 5.1.49 worked. It does not work with the latest GA release and mariadb 5.5.65.

This is slated to be fixed in 1.2.0:

RE: [EXTERNAL] [Suspected SPAM] Re: Guacamole Installation with separate servers for DMZ and Internal Setup

MARTINEZ, ARIEL

I got to Chapter 7 for the LDAP configuration after configuring the DB authentication and am having issues logging in with Active Directory accounts. I looked at the logs and the LDAP binding is working properly because it finds the user. But when I try to log in, nothing happens.  I will not be extending the schema on our LDAP server, so is it a requirement that a matching

user in the Guacamole database be created for LDAP to work?

On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 11:34 AM MARTINEZ, ARIEL <[hidden email]> wrote:

In case someone else has this issue, using the mysql Connector/J 5.1.49 worked. It does not work with the latest GA release and mariadb 5.5.65.

This is slated to be fixed in 1.2.0:

Re: [EXTERNAL] [Suspected SPAM] Re: Guacamole Installation with separate servers for DMZ and Internal Setup

Charaoui, Jérôme
Hello,

Le 20-06-03 à 13 h 52, MARTINEZ, ARIEL a écrit :

I got to Chapter 7 for the LDAP configuration after configuring the DB authentication and am having issues logging in with Active Directory accounts. I looked at the logs and the LDAP binding is working properly because it finds the user. But when I try to log in, nothing happens.  I will not be extending the schema on our LDAP server, so is it a requirement that a matching

user in the Guacamole database be created for LDAP to work?

I noticed this happening when I had debugging enabled.
The LDAP plugin seems to generate so much debugging data that it significantly slows down the client.

Solution was to disable debugging, and LDAP logins started to work.

-- Jerome

RE: [EXTERNAL] [Suspected SPAM] Re: Guacamole Installation with separate servers for DMZ and Internal Setup

MARTINEZ, ARIEL

That was spot on. Thanks so much.