Guacamole Integration in EGroupware

Stefan Unverricht

Hello everybody.

My name is Stefan and I am writing here as the EGroupware Community Manager.

We develop EGroupware as classic groupware (+ ticket system, file manager, project manager, file sharing, sync, ...) with some integrated products like Collabora Online, Rocket.Chat, Jitsi, ...
Through an integrated OpenID/OAuth2 server, docker and the possibility to integrate applications as IFrame, we have (especially for Corona) integrated Guacamole.

I have written a article in our forum:
https://help.egroupware.org/t/uk-apache-guacamole-the-integration-into-egroupware/74734

I would like to receive comments, suggestions and ideas for improvement. But also what we from EGroupware could contribute to Guacamole.
In German speaking media (press, forums, social media) I/we already promote Guacamole.

I have created an insert for our EGroupware flyer:
https://www.egroupware.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Guacamole-in-EGroupware-Flyer-English.pdf

I also gladly accept suggestions for improvement of my flyer.

As quick information about EGroupware:
https://www.egroupware.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/EGroupware-Flyer-4-page-English.pdf

Maybe the one or other German(or also English)-speaking user might like to exchange ideas in our forum as well:
https://help.egroupware.org/c/apps/guacamole

Would anyone have the guacamole graphics/logos as svg for me? Then please send a PN to [hidden email].

Kind regards
Stefan

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards

Stefan Unverricht

EGroupware Community Manager

EGroupware GmbH

Leibnizstraße 17

D-67663 Kaiserslautern

E-Mail [hidden email]

WWW www.egroupware.org
Forum help.egroupware.org

GitHub | Facebook | Twitter | Linkedin

Geschäftsführung Ralf und Birgit Becker

Registergericht Kaiserslautern HRB 3587

Re: Guacamole Integration in EGroupware

vnick
On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 12:57 PM Stefan Unverricht <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello everybody.

My name is Stefan and I am writing here as the EGroupware Community Manager.

We develop EGroupware as classic groupware (+ ticket system, file manager, project manager, file sharing, sync, ...) with some integrated products like Collabora Online, Rocket.Chat, Jitsi, ...
Through an integrated OpenID/OAuth2 server, docker and the possibility to integrate applications as IFrame, we have (especially for Corona) integrated Guacamole.

Thanks for this information.  There are certainly a lot of users who come to this forum looking for a complete remote portal that includes Guacamole, and it's nice to be able to collaborate across projects so that people know where they can get such an option.

I have written a article in our forum:
https://help.egroupware.org/t/uk-apache-guacamole-the-integration-into-egroupware/74734

I would like to receive comments, suggestions and ideas for improvement. But also what we from EGroupware could contribute to Guacamole.
In German speaking media (press, forums, social media) I/we already promote Guacamole.

We would certainly welcome your involvement in the community and any contributions that could make Guacamole a better project.  Do keep in mind that, while I think awareness and contributions are good, the two pieces of software are aimed at different goals - EGroupware to be a complete, all-in-one stop for a wide variety of enterprise needs, and Guacamole to be a client-less remote desktop interface.  So, if some contributions or ideas are turned down, don't take offense, we may just be trying to keep the scope of the Guacamole project contained :-).

I have created an insert for our EGroupware flyer:
https://www.egroupware.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Guacamole-in-EGroupware-Flyer-English.pdf

I also gladly accept suggestions for improvement of my flyer.

As quick information about EGroupware:
https://www.egroupware.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/EGroupware-Flyer-4-page-English.pdf

Maybe the one or other German(or also English)-speaking user might like to exchange ideas in our forum as well:
https://help.egroupware.org/c/apps/guacamole

Would anyone have the guacamole graphics/logos as svg for me? Then please send a PN to [hidden email].

I'm going to defer to Mike on this one - we do have logos and such, but I'm less familiar with how readily those can be used in other projects or media, so I'll let him provide guidance on that.

Re: Guacamole Integration in EGroupware

mjumper
Administrator
On Sun, May 31, 2020, 13:04 Nick Couchman <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 12:57 PM Stefan Unverricht <[hidden email]> wrote:

Would anyone have the guacamole graphics/logos as svg for me? Then please send a PN to [hidden email].

I'm going to defer to Mike on this one - we do have logos and such, but I'm less familiar with how readily those can be used in other projects or media, so I'll let him provide guidance on that.

Yep, I have the SVG versions of these hanging around from Ye Olde Guac days.

I'll try to throw together a quick page for the website with the logos, links to the relevant ASF guidelines, etc. Anyone and everyone can then grab them from there.

Re: Guacamole Integration in EGroupware

Stefan Unverricht

Hi Mike.

That's a very good idea.