Guacamole client do not use guacd-hostname and guacd-port

Guacamole client do not use guacd-hostname and guacd-port

Frankyo
Hello all,
I have successfully installed guacamole 1.2.0 with client and server on the
same
host.
Now, as i have more and more load on the system, I would like to separate
client and server.
guacd is running fine on his new host listenning on the correct IP/port.
The tomcat client server is unable to use the guacd-hostname and guacd-port
values from the guacamole.properties file, using always 127.0.0.1:4822 to
connect to guacd

All other variable, like mysql- or ldap- are correctly used by the guacamole
client

Even changing just the guacd port on localhost do not work

Is there someone that has the same behaviour?
thank you for your support

Re: Guacamole client do not use guacd-hostname and guacd-port

vnick
On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 2:35 AM Frankyo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all,
I have successfully installed guacamole 1.2.0 with client and server on the
same
host.
Now, as i have more and more load on the system, I would like to separate
client and server.
guacd is running fine on his new host listenning on the correct IP/port.
The tomcat client server is unable to use the guacd-hostname and guacd-port
values from the guacamole.properties file, using always 127.0.0.1:4822 to
connect to guacd

All other variable, like mysql- or ldap- are correctly used by the guacamole
client

Even changing just the guacd port on localhost do not work

Is there someone that has the same behaviour?
thank you for your support

I have a configuration where I have a separate server running guacd, and I use the guacd-hostname, guacd-port, and guacd-ssl properties in guacamole.properties to point the servers to the server.  It works perfectly fine.

A couple of things for you to check:
- Are you restarting Tomcat and/or reloading the Guacamole Client webapp after changing guacamole.properties?  You must do this after any changes - the file is not reloaded automatically.
- Can you verify if you change some other property in that same file (related to LDAP or MySQL) that the application is affected?  I know you said it is working fine with those properties, but can you verify that any changes are also reflected?
- Are you overriding any of the guacd parameters within connections? You can specify the guacd host/port in the connection attributes, and if it is specified there it will override guacamole.properties.

Re: Guacamole client do not use guacd-hostname and guacd-port

Frankyo
Hello Nick
That's exactly the last point, the server IP and Port is overridden in the
connection settings !
This means that the values in the connection settings has priority over the
server setting which can be really usefull to loadbalance the guacd servers

Thank you very much for your help
Franco