Host Key verification

Saxa Egea
Dear All,

has anyone used the host key verification over ssh connections?

I'm trying but don't know how to get the "Public host key (Base64):"

Is it referring to a file (known_hosts)?

The ssh_host_rsa.pub of the remote host?

Thanks in advance,
    Saxa

Re: Host Key verification

vnick
On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 7:05 AM Saxa Egea <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear All,

has anyone used the host key verification over ssh connections?

I'm trying but don't know how to get the "Public host key (Base64):"

Is it referring to a file (known_hosts)?

The ssh_host_rsa.pub of the remote host?

This is covered in the manual:

The format is an entry from the known_hosts file, which is the base64-encoded version of the public key.

Re: Host Key verification

Saxa Egea
Thanks Nick,

I readed it, but didn't understand at all...

Now it works.

Thanks for the amazing job!
   Saxa

De: "Nick Couchman" <[hidden email]>
A: "user" <[hidden email]>
Enviats: Dijous, 9 Juliol de 2020 14:08:21
Assumpte: Re: Host Key verification

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 7:05 AM Saxa Egea <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear All,

has anyone used the host key verification over ssh connections?

I'm trying but don't know how to get the "Public host key (Base64):"

Is it referring to a file (known_hosts)?

The ssh_host_rsa.pub of the remote host?

This is covered in the manual:

The format is an entry from the known_hosts file, which is the base64-encoded version of the public key.

-Nick