Keyboard Lock, direct keyboard access

uxes
Hello,
I'm wondering if you guys are going to implement full access to keyboard
which is going to be ready in following chrome ( Chrome for desktop release
68 <https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5642959835889664>  ) that can be
useful in case of controlling some RDP.

https://w3c.github.io/keyboard-lock/

Re: Keyboard Lock, direct keyboard access

vnick
On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 18:06 uxes <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,
I'm wondering if you guys are going to implement full access to keyboard
which is going to be ready in following chrome ( Chrome for desktop release
68 <https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5642959835889664>  ) that can be
useful in case of controlling some RDP.

https://w3c.github.io/keyboard-lock/

Interesting.  Do you have specific things you're thinking this would be useful for?  It seems like a lot of the key combos may still be intercepted by the O/S (e.g. Ctrl-Alt-Del), but I'm curious if there are keys you're thinking might be useful here?

Re: Keyboard Lock, direct keyboard access

uxes
As a first thing that I can think of is classic scenario when I'm used to
shortcut `Ctrl + w` in terminal, which delete last word before my cursor, in
any browser this shortcut means `close actual tab`, which is impossible to
prevent. Feature Keyboard Lock is solution.

Next thing could be all sort of shortcuts like you said "Ctrl-Alt-Del" and
"Alt + F4", im going to try them on some Windows as soon as i get some in my
hands in following days.

lp

Re: Keyboard Lock, direct keyboard access

lp

FWIW I've had several users wanting alt-tab and alt-q (the latter was a specific shortcut for a prog that we were able to change to ctrl-q which worked).

Emulating RD as much as possible would be good, IIRC the main thing that doesn't work there is just ctrl-alt-del (for which there's a different method).

Cheers.

On 28/06/2018 10:10 a.m., Nick Couchman wrote:
On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 18:06 uxes <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,
I'm wondering if you guys are going to implement full access to keyboard
which is going to be ready in following chrome ( Chrome for desktop release
68 <https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5642959835889664>  ) that can be
useful in case of controlling some RDP.

https://w3c.github.io/keyboard-lock/

Interesting.  Do you have specific things you're thinking this would be useful for?  It seems like a lot of the key combos may still be intercepted by the O/S (e.g. Ctrl-Alt-Del), but I'm curious if there are keys you're thinking might be useful here?

Re: Keyboard Lock, direct keyboard access

Nick Couchman

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 18:21 uxes <[hidden email]> wrote:
As a first thing that I can think of is classic scenario when I'm used to
shortcut `Ctrl + w` in terminal, which delete last word before my cursor, in
any browser this shortcut means `close actual tab`, which is impossible to
prevent. Feature Keyboard Lock is solution.

Makes sense.

Next thing could be all sort of shortcuts like you said "Ctrl-Alt-Del" and
"Alt + F4", im going to try them on some Windows as soon as i get some in my
hands in following days.

As I mentioned before, even with Keyboard Lock I imagine some of these will not be intercepted.  CAD is a particularly special one that will almost certainly be intercepted by the O/S, at least in Windows-based browsers.  I have not looked at the full specification, but I suspect there will always be some exceptions, as there should be.

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 18:37 ivanmarcus <[hidden email]> wrote:

FWIW I've had several users wanting alt-tab and alt-q (the latter was a specific shortcut for a prog that we were able to change to ctrl-q which worked).

Yeah, I can see the value there.

Emulating RD as much as possible would be good, IIRC the main thing that doesn't work there is just ctrl-alt-del (for which there's a different method).

We recently added Ctrl-Alt-End support to Guacamole for emulating CAD in remote sessions, which matches behavior of other RDP clients.

Re: Keyboard Lock, direct keyboard access

uxes
Yes, you are right, CAD is intercepted by OS, but it is also sent thru RDP
connection, so you can dismiss your system window.
In my opinion better way to send remotely CtrlAltDelete is by pressing some
button in menu than by using Ctrl-Alt-End but whatever nothing of my
concern.

So I have tried all shortcuts that I can think of.

woks:

ALT+TAB
ALT+F4
CTRL+W
CTRL+R
CTRL+T
CTRL+Q

CTRL+ALT+DELETE (happens on local system and also remote connection)

Re: Keyboard Lock, direct keyboard access

mbarber
ctrl+w is a pain in some browsers it closes the current window ofc it is
also the search combo in nano
 ï¿½so if you use ssh thru guac...

uxes wrote:

> Yes, you are right, CAD is intercepted by OS, but it is also sent thru RDP
> connection, so you can dismiss your system window.
> In my opinion better way to send remotely CtrlAltDelete is by pressing some
> button in menu than by using Ctrl-Alt-End but whatever nothing of my
> concern.
>
> So I have tried all shortcuts that I can think of.
>

> woks:
>
> ALT+TAB
> ALT+F4
> CTRL+W
> CTRL+R
> CTRL+T
> CTRL+Q
>

> CTRL+ALT+DELETE (happens on local system and also remote connection)

---