LDAP GuacD Proxy Parameter Names

s1324

Have everything working as I would like, LDAP/AD based connections, authentication, etc.  But I cannot seem to find the right syntax to add a proxy hostname and port to a SSH connection so the servlet will know which Guacd to use to make the connection.  Works if I create the connection in MariaDB.

I checked the archives, the forums, the docs, Google, etc.  Tried proxy-hostname, proxy, proxy_hostname, etc.  No joy.

I am looking for the names for the proxy hostname and port attribute parameters in LDAP.  Has anyone done this?

Steve Alder

RHCSA/RHCE/RHCVA

This email transmission and any accompanying attachments may contain CSX privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the intended addressee. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in reliance on the contents of this email by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please immediately delete it and notify sender at the above CSX email address. Sender and CSX accept no liability for any damage caused directly or indirectly by receipt of this email.

Re: LDAP GuacD Proxy Parameter Names

vnick
On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 7:31 PM Alder, Steve <[hidden email]> wrote:

Have everything working as I would like, LDAP/AD based connections, authentication, etc.  But I cannot seem to find the right syntax to add a proxy hostname and port to a SSH connection so the servlet will know which Guacd to use to make the connection.  Works if I create the connection in MariaDB.

I checked the archives, the forums, the docs, Google, etc.  Tried proxy-hostname, proxy, proxy_hostname, etc.  No joy.

I am looking for the names for the proxy hostname and port attribute parameters in LDAP.  Has anyone done this?

Unfortunately this does not work with the LDAP extension.  The proxy_hostname parameter is actually not a connection parameter - it's defined strictly in the JDBC module as a connection attribute, and is limited to that module (as far as I can tell).

I'm not sure off the top of my head how feasible it would be to add it to the LDAP module - you're welcome to put in a JIRA ticket to request that and we can see what can be done about it:

-Nick