MS SQL Cluster

JARRETT, Martyn (MEDWAY NHS FOUNDATION TRUST)

Have setup a new Guacamole 0.9.14 server with MS SQL authentication, however it fails to connect to our SQL cluster instance. ServerName\InstanceName. How would I set the instance name in the config as it refuses to read any back slashes?

Thanks in advanced.

Re: MS SQL Cluster

vnick
On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 11:04 AM JARRETT, Martyn (MEDWAY NHS FOUNDATION TRUST) <[hidden email]> wrote:

Have setup a new Guacamole 0.9.14 server with MS SQL authentication, however it fails to connect to our SQL cluster instance. ServerName\InstanceName. How would I set the instance name in the config as it refuses to read any back slashes?

Thanks in advanced.

Where are you putting this information?  In the host field or the database name field?

You might check out Microsoft's site on their JDBC driver (assuming you're using the MS JDBC driver): https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/connect/jdbc/building-the-connection-url?view=sql-server-2017

Looks like you can use braces to escape special characters, so I would try the following things:
ServerName{\}InstanceName
ServerName\\InstanceName

The double-backslash may work, or you can try as Microsoft is suggesting with the braces around the slash.  If you can't get anything to work you might open up a JIRA issue on this - we may need to add a property to the SQL Server module configuration to account for instance names.

-Nick