Printing is stuck.

marcolinuz
Hello all,
I'm running guacamole 0.9.13 on a debian 8.11.
I enabled printing from a Windows 2008r2 Terminal server but the print jobs
remains stuck.

Tomcat logs shows no errors, the same goes for guacd logs (set to debug).
I attach a picture showing what's going on.
Note that the "gs" process seems to not run.

Евгений Жуков
+79534155676  skype: xrt_nn

Re: Printing is stuck.

marcolinuz
Hello, Thanks for the quick reply.
Yes, I'm using Apache2.4 as Reverse proxy but only for access from Internet
that was not tested yet.

The test that you see in the picture was made on a direct LAN connection to
the guacamole server.

The only thing I can mention about it is that I placed on the server a NAT
rule that redirects port 443 to 8443 where Tomcat is actually listening.

Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
target     prot opt source
REDIRECT   tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:https
redir ports 8443

Re: Printing is stuck.

marcolinuz
Done, It doesn't changes anything.
The print is still stuck.

Re: Printing is stuck.

Евгений Н. Жуков
Do you have any nonASCII symbols in job name?

Евгений Жуков
+79534155676  skype: xrt_nn

Re: Printing is stuck.

marcolinuz
As far as I know the job name is "Pagina di prova".
You can see it even on the picture I attached on my first post.

Re: Printing is stuck.

On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 4:51 AM marcolinuz <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello, Thanks for the quick reply.
Yes, I'm using Apache2.4 as Reverse proxy but only for access from Internet
that was not tested yet.

The test that you see in the picture was made on a direct LAN connection to
the guacamole server.

The only thing I can mention about it is that I placed on the server a NAT
rule that redirects port 443 to 8443 where Tomcat is actually listening.

Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
target     prot opt source
REDIRECT   tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:https
redir ports 8443

My guess is that this is related to this issue:

You say you're proxying behind Apache 2.4 - are you making sure that WebSocket proxy is configured correctly?  See the following manual page:

Re: Printing is stuck.

marcolinuz
Hi vnick,

I'm not using any reverse proxy for these tests cause I knew it would have
added a level of "uncertainty".
I'm connected directly to the Guacamole Tomcat through LAN.

I correctly set up the WebSockets as described in the documentation for the
access from outside, but that will be the next step of the testing that I'll
do once I'll get the printing stuff working correctly on LAN.

Re: Printing is stuck.

vnick
On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 12:27 PM marcolinuz <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi vnick,

I'm not using any reverse proxy for these tests cause I knew it would have
added a level of "uncertainty".
I'm connected directly to the Guacamole Tomcat through LAN.

Ah, okay - I mis-read that part of the e-mail.

I correctly set up the WebSockets as described in the documentation for the
access from outside, but that will be the next step of the testing that I'll
do once I'll get the printing stuff working correctly on LAN.

Have you verified that WebSockets is working and that it is connecting correctly over WS/WSS and not HTTP?

Also, have you tried upgrading to 0.9.14?  0.9.13 isn't all that old, but there were a lot of things fixed in 0.9.14, so might be worth the effort to try to upgrade, particularly if this is a new deployment.

Re: Printing is stuck.

marcolinuz
Hi again vink,

I'm going to update to 0.9.14 just in case.
How can I verify websockets connections?

Re: Printing is stuck.

vnick
On Wed, Jul 4, 2018 at 3:29 AM marcolinuz <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi again vink,

I'm going to update to 0.9.14 just in case.
How can I verify websockets connections?

There are several ways to verify - here are two I can think of:
- In the Tomcat logs (usually catalina.out), when you connect, if you are not using WebSockets you will see a warning message that the connection is falling back to HTTP.
-  You can look in the developer console in Chrome or Firefox, on the Network tab.  You should see the attempt to connect to the websocket tunnel endpoint, and it will either succeed or fail depending on the availability of WS.

Make sure you're using Tomcat later than 7.0.37, or another Java application server that supports WebSockets.

-Nick