Problem with using Guacamole with Traefik reverse proxy

Problem with using Guacamole with Traefik reverse proxy

Minura Ratnasekara
I'm running a reverse proxy with all my apps in docker containers with subdirectories in the form of example.com/app, but I haven't been able to get this working with guacamole so far. Guacamole runs fine on the local network at 10.0.0.1:8082. I get a 404 error from apache tomcat when i try using the subdirectory address. I've included my docker script below.

  guacamole:

    image: "oznu/guacamole"

    container_name: "guacamole"

    volumes:

      - ${USERDIR}/docker/guacamole:/config

    ports:

        - "8082:8080"

    restart: always

    environment:

      - PUID=${PUID}

      - PGID=${PGID}

      - TZ=${TZ}

    networks:

      - traefik_proxy

    labels:

      - "traefik.enable=true"

      - "traefik.backend=guacamole"

      - "traefik.frontend.rule=Host:${DOMAINNAME}; PathPrefix: /guacamole"

#      - "traefik.frontend.rule=Host:guacamole.${DOMAINNAME}"

      - "traefik.port=8080"

      - "traefik.docker.network=traefik_proxy"

Thanks for any help in figuring this out!

Re: Problem with using Guacamole with Traefik reverse proxy

vnick

On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 01:15 Minura Ratnasekara <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I gather that you've built your own Docker image for Guacamole?  The first thing if try is to deploy three app in the Docker image such that it already had the party prefixed to it - so your local URL would be 10.0.0.1:8082/guacamole.  Unless your reverse proxy is set up specifically to intercept and rewrite all of the URLs that pass through, it's quite possible that out is trying to locate other resources at the root of that server rather than under the /guacamole path.

Also, make sure to have a look at the Guacamole manual section for proxying - it has several things that are important for making sure tunnels operate properly.

-Nick