Provision to Increase TimeOut

faris backer
We have a provision in which whenever user login, we trigger a process to
starts its instance, but as machine takes time to boot up, users are getting
failure stating the connection is down. But actually its getting started in
the background.

Is there any configuration in guacamole where we can increase the timeout
before it throws out this error.

As per my understanding guacamole timeouts after 15 sec, if the machine does
not respond back. Basically, we need to increase this to 1 or 2 munites, so
that the machine gets sufficient time to boot up.

Re: Provision to Increase TimeOut

vnick
On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 5:39 AM faris backer <[hidden email]> wrote:
We have a provision in which whenever user login, we trigger a process to
starts its instance, but as machine takes time to boot up, users are getting
failure stating the connection is down. But actually its getting started in
the background.

Is there any configuration in guacamole where we can increase the timeout
before it throws out this error.

As per my understanding guacamole timeouts after 15 sec, if the machine does
not respond back. Basically, we need to increase this to 1 or 2 munites, so
that the machine gets sufficient time to boot up.

Unfortunately it isn't quite that simple.  The timeouts are currently defined by the underlying protocol libraries, not by Guacamole.  I looked into changing this at one time, and it seems like it is possible for SSH, and maybe Telnet, but the VNC and RDP libraries do not provide a mechanism for adjusting this, and the authors of those libraries have repeatedly denied requests for this functionality.

See:

-Nick