RDP connection fails for few windows account

RDP connection fails for few windows account

rangeshgupta

We have few windows account which are not able to connect to RDP session with security mode "any" and "nls". All the windows accounts are created in same manner.

We are using below command to create account to windows:

dsadd user 'cn=<USERNAME>,cn=Users,dc=<DOMAIN>,dc=<DOMAIN>' -disabled no -pwd '<PASSWORD>' -mustchpwd no -s <DC>

For example, below account detail on red have issue but green one works fine. Both account I have created one after another using above command.

Username: mohanv.273

Password: yvoU86a_38UdXxd3Rml8PUwANr8

Username: mohanv.274
Password: yvoU86a_38UdXxd3Rml8PUw

Guacd logs also not much helpful.

guacd[10658]: ERROR: Error connecting to RDP server

Thanks & Regards

Rangesh Gupta

Re: RDP connection fails for few windows account

ivanmarcus

Thanks.

You are using a rather old version of Guacamole, you should consider upgrading to the current release (1.1.0).

There are a number of possible reasons for the issue you describe and while upgrading may not necessarily fix the problem it could (and it will introduce a number of enhancements/fixes), besides it will make things easier to diagnose for those of use who've moved on.

If you choose to continue with the present version; it would be useful to know if this is a problem that's just occurred to an otherwise trouble-free install, or it it's a new install (albeit old version)? If it was a previously working install and the issue has just occurred please look at what recent upgrades were carried out (to Windows, and to the Guacamole environment).

Additionally, running guacd in debug mode (guacd -L debug) and looking at the resultant logs may assist in providing more information around the problem.

On 4/06/2020 1:00 p.m., Rangesh Gupta wrote:
[...]

We have plan to move to latest version.

Regarding setup, we are trying to setup new installation. Same issue i am able to reproduce it on different  system too.

I tried running guacd -L debug -f, but it is logging only error connecting to RDP server.

On Wed, Jun 3, 2020, 9:27 PM ivanmarcus <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

If this is a new installation you should definately use the current version, 1.1.0.

Update to that first. If you continue to have issues following then please report back.

If you need to report please include the auth mechanism you're using, the distribution you're running Guacamole on, and if you can find a pattern to the accounts that aren't working, compared to those that are.

For example, do you get both successful and unsuccessful logins to different accounts on the same physical (or virtual) machine? Does connection success depend upon which physical/virtual machine a user connects to, and if so does it depend upon the OS build version between those machines? FYI I ask the latter because of some RDP issues around later builds of Windows (to which there is a 'fix').

Given some present issues it may also be useful to include the version of FreeRDP you have installed.

Thanks.