Re: TOTP 1.1.0

Mike Jumper-3
On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 8:22 PM sciUser <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

We are getting ready to transition out our 9.14 installation of Guacamole

0.9.14*

with a fresh install of version 1.1.0 stable.  We have the following .jar
files in /var/lib/guacamole/extensions

1. guacamole-auth-jdbc-mysql-1.1.0.jar
2. guacamole-auth-totp-1.1.0.jar

Server has been rebooted,

You only need to restart Tomcat and (assuming you updated guacamole-server) guacd.

however we are not seeing it load in the logs or in the interface after login.
Is there something that is missing?

/var/lib/guacamole is not a standard location for GUACAMOLE_HOME. Have you checked whether this is actually what is being used? Guacamole will log the location of GUACAMOLE_HOME when it reads its configuration during startup. It would be better to just use the standard /etc/guacamole.

It is also possible that Tomcat simply lacks sufficient permissions to read the contents of GUACAMOLE_HOME/extensions/, or that SELinux (if your OS uses SELinux) is contextually blocking access to your overridden GUACAMOLE_HOME, recognizing access to /var/lib instead of /etc as unusual for a Java web application.

Re: TOTP 1.1.0

ivanmarcus

I'm a little unclear as to whether this a completely new installation on new hardware/VM etc, or an upgrade on existing to a new version of Guacamole?

In either event I wonder if you've completed the necessary symlinks?

I realise you're not seeing 'it' in the logs, which may mean that was a completely stupid answer, but perhaps a bit more detail might assist in focus here :-)

On 18/06/2020 3:22 p.m., sciUser wrote:
Hello,

We are getting ready to transition out our 9.14 installation of Guacamole
with a fresh install of version 1.1.0 stable.  We have the following .jar
files in /var/lib/guacamole/extensions

1. guacamole-auth-jdbc-mysql-1.1.0.jar
2. guacamole-auth-totp-1.1.0.jar

Server has been rebooted, however we are not seeing it load in the logs or
in the interface after login.
Is there something that is missing?

Thoughts?

Thank You

-----
A Cybersecurity Enablement Company
We don't just run you through the motions, Our labs teach you how to think!
Known good Guacamole  installations

Re: TOTP 1.1.0

sciUser
Thank you for the reply, we manage to get everything working perfectly, once
we set the selinux policies.

Thank You

-----