Request Support on Guacamole

CK@Amtasks.com-2
Hi Apache Team,

I’m C.K Chew here, we would like to know is that possible to get support/ engage your good company to support us on one of our project.

The achievement that we would like to have here is by using Apache Guacamole to create an RDP environment for our side and we are facing a few issues that are cracking our head now.

The following are some ideas that we would like to achieve:
  1. To transfer files between the remote systems and the local systems
  2. Print from remote and saved on local in .pdf file.

Thank you!!

Best Regards,

C.K Chew

Technical Management Director
(System Division)

(Wholly Own Subsidiary Of AmTask Group Of Companies)
http://www.amtasks.com

AMTASK SDN BHD 201901039576 (1348906-A)

[hidden email]

Tel   : +6010 - 399 4149 (Mobile)

Re: Request Support on Guacamole

vnick
C.K.

You already posted this e-mail to the list, and I already responded.  Please see the responses, again, below...

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 1:04 PM [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Apache Team,

I’m C.K Chew here, we would like to know is that possible to get support/ engage your good company to support us on one of our project.

Apache/Apache Guacamole is not a company, it is a community.  We are happy to help you with whatever issues you may be experiencing, but the people on this mailing list are not likely going to do the work for you - you will need to tell us what issues you're having, and we will be happy to guide you to the answers.

If you're interested in paying for someone to implement Guacamole for you, there are a couple of commercial companies listed on the Guacamole web page (see Commercial Support section at the bottom): http://guacamole.apache.org/support/. There are also probably some individuals on this mailing list that would be glad to do it for you (like me) for a price, so if that's what you're looking for, please specify that.

The achievement that we would like to have here is by using Apache Guacamole to create an RDP environment for our side and we are facing a few issues that are cracking our head now.

The following are some ideas that we would like to achieve:
  1. To transfer files between the remote systems and the local systems
  2. Print from remote and saved on local in .pdf file.

Both of these are possible with Guacamole; however, it sounds like you're running into some issues, and you'll need to describe in more detail what the problem is, including:
1) What environment you're attempting to configure Guacamole in (Linux distribution, native install vs. Docker, etc.)?
2) What have you been able to get working?
3) What is not working?
4) What have you tried, and what error messages or behavior are you seeing?

Re: Request Support on Guacamole

CK@Amtasks.com-2
Dear Nick,

Both of these are possible with Guacamole; however, it sounds like you're running into some issues, and you'll need to describe in more detail what the problem is, including:
1) What environment you're attempting to configure Guacamole in (Linux distribution, native install vs. Docker, etc.)?
Bitnami

2) What have you been able to get working?
able to connect thru RDP but getting error while printing, attached screenshot error

3) What is not working?
Printing to local or generate .pdf file

4) What have you tried, and what error messages or behavior are you seeing?
printer is able to map on RDP side, but showing error printing as per screenshot attached.

On 14 Oct 2020, at 1:21 AM, Nick Couchman <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 1:30 PM [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Nick,

Both of these are possible with Guacamole; however, it sounds like you're running into some issues, and you'll need to describe in more detail what the problem is, including:
1) What environment you're attempting to configure Guacamole in (Linux distribution, native install vs. Docker, etc.)?
Bitnami

The Guacamole project doesn't produce the Bitnami image, and I'm not familiar with it, so I can't really help with that environment, in particular.

2) What have you been able to get working?
able to connect thru RDP but getting error while printing, attached screenshot error

3) What is not working?
Printing to local or generate .pdf file

4) What have you tried, and what error messages or behavior are you seeing?
printer is able to map on RDP side, but showing error printing as per screenshot attached.

There is an issue out there for printing via HTTP (instead of Websockets), so if Websockets is not working, then you may want to get that going.  I also recall that there may be some issues with unencrypted connections, so I'd recommend making sure you're using HTTPS to connect to Guacamole, as well.

-Nick