Required dependencies v0.9.9

Cyle

Noticed in the Required dependencies section at https://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/installing-guacamole.html it mentions that libraries such as libjpeg-turbo and libpng are required to build guacamole-server. However, the build still succeeds even when these libraries are not present. Is this no longer a requirement?

I'm trying to optimize my guacamole-server with the libjpeg62-turbo-dev package, but I don't see any reference to it at all in the build process and I'm trying to verify that it's being incorporated.

Re: Required dependencies v0.9.9

Mike Jumper
On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 4:46 PM, Cyle <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Noticed in the Required dependencies section at
> https://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/installing-guacamole.html it
> mentions that libraries such as libjpeg-turbo and libpng are required to
> build guacamole-server. However, the build still succeeds even when these
> libraries are not present. Is this no longer a requirement?

They are very required. The configure script will fail outright if
either of those libraries are absent.

libjpeg (or libjpeg-turbo) is a relatively new requirement, added as
of 0.9.9, but libpng has been a requirement since around 0.3.0.

> I'm trying to optimize my guacamole-server with the libjpeg62-turbo-dev
> package, but I don't see any reference to it at all in the build process and
> I'm trying to verify that it's being incorporated.

The libraries present will be summarized by the configure script if
the minimum build requirements are met. If you have libjpeg (or
libjpeg-turbo), you will see libjpeg listed as present in the summary.

- Mike