SSH does not work properly when using GNU screen

SSH does not work properly when using GNU screen

doragasu
I have installed Guacamole 0.9.9 on a Raspberry Pi. It is mostly working, but SSH does not behave properly when using GNU screen.

For example, if I launch screen command and inside screen I open a long file in vim, scrolling through the file (using j/k keys) corrupts the screen (until I switch to other virtual terminal and back to vim using <ctrl>+a,<ctrl>+a). If I launch vim while not using screen, scroll works as intended.

The same happens e.g. with rtorrent, scrolling through the download list when rtorrent is launched inside screen, corrupts the terminal drawing until I switch to other terminal and back to rtorrent.

This problem does not happen with nano though, so it might be related to ncurses.

Any suggestions? Should I open a bug report?

Re: SSH does not work properly when using GNU screen

Mike Jumper
On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 10:34 PM, doragasu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have installed Guacamole 0.9.9 on a Raspberry Pi. It is mostly working, but
> SSH does not behave properly when using GNU screen.
>
> For example, if I launch screen command and inside screen I open a long file
> in vim, scrolling through the file (using j/k keys) corrupts the screen
> (until I switch to other virtual terminal and back to vim using
> <ctrl>+a,<ctrl>+a). If I launch vim while not using screen, scroll works as
> intended.
>
> The same happens e.g. with rtorrent, scrolling through the download list
> when rtorrent is launched inside screen, corrupts the terminal drawing until
> I switch to other terminal and back to rtorrent.
>
> This problem does not happen with nano though, so it might be related to
> ncurses.
>
> Any suggestions? Should I open a bug report?

Yes, please:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE/

If the behavior of Guacamole's terminal emulator differs from that of
a standard terminal emulator, then it's definitely a bug.