SSH sessions show blank screen after login

SSH sessions show blank screen after login

dedwards913
I've got a recent install of Guacamole 0.9.14 on CentOS 7, plus MySQL and
LDAP.  My RDP sessions are working fine, but I'm having trouble with the SSH
sessions.  The sessions are set up with the simplest possible configuration
- only the IP address of the target host is specified.  Everything else is
default.

I do connect and get the login and password prompts, but after entering the
password the screen is blank and does not respond.  All I can do is
disconnect using the Guacamole menu.

I've looked at the logs but did not see anything that looked helpful to me.
Please let me know if there is something specific I should check.

Thanks,

DE

Re: SSH sessions show blank screen after login

vnick
On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 9:41 AM, dedwards913 <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've got a recent install of Guacamole 0.9.14 on CentOS 7, plus MySQL and
LDAP.  My RDP sessions are working fine, but I'm having trouble with the SSH
sessions.  The sessions are set up with the simplest possible configuration
- only the IP address of the target host is specified.  Everything else is
default.

I do connect and get the login and password prompts, but after entering the
password the screen is blank and does not respond.  All I can do is
disconnect using the Guacamole menu.

Can you SSH into the systems using the ssh command on the system running guacd, and does it work that way?

I've looked at the logs but did not see anything that looked helpful to me.
Please let me know if there is something specific I should check.

You can try starting guacd in debug mode in the foreground (/path/to/guacd -L debug -f) and see if you get anything else more useful.

Re: SSH sessions show blank screen after login

dedwards913
Thanks Nick.  When I try SSH from the guac server command line, I get
"connection refused".

I normally connect to these devices (Cisco routers and switches) from my
desktop using SSH2 in SecureCRT.  They are set up to allow SSH only, but no
restriction on the source IP.

Nothing new in the logs so far,

On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 11:24 AM, dedwards913 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Nick.  When I try SSH from the guac server command line, I get
"connection refused".

This sounds like a network issue.  Is the system running guacd on a different network from your desktop?  It almost sounds like there's an ACL or firewall preventing the guacd system from communicating with the devices you're trying to manage.

Re: SSH sessions show blank screen after login

Adrian Owen
Does putty connect without issue?

Re: SSH sessions show blank screen after login

dedwards913
Hey, thanks everyone.  Turns out it was a routing issue because my guac
server is in a dmz.

Take care,

DE