Session is not invalidated even after inactivity as specified in api-session-timeout

Session is not invalidated even after inactivity as specified in api-session-timeout

shveta08
Hello,
I am using guacamole 0.9.9 and am using RDP protocol to connect to my instance (xrdp). I have also used the No-Auth extension. Everything works as expected.

Now, I defined the api-session-timeout :1 in guacamole.properties and can see in the catalina.out :

INFO  o.g.g.n.b.r.a.BasicTokenSessionMap - Sessions will expire after 1 minutes of inactivity.

However, even after inactivity, the session is not invalidated. Is this because of the NoAuth extension or is this the expected behavior when using RDP (xrdp) ?

Thank you,
Shveta Sharma

Re: Session is not invalidated even after inactivity as specified in api-session-timeout

Mike Jumper
On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 2:20 PM, Shveta Sharma
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am using guacamole 0.9.9 and am using RDP protocol to connect to my
> instance (xrdp). I have also used the No-Auth extension. Everything works as
> expected.
>
> Now, I defined the api-session-timeout :1 in guacamole.properties and can
> see in the catalina.out :
>
> INFO  o.g.g.n.b.r.a.BasicTokenSessionMap - Sessions will expire after 1
> minutes of inactivity.
>
> However, even after inactivity, the session is not invalidated. Is this
> because of the NoAuth extension or is this the expected behavior when using
> RDP (xrdp) ?

The session, in this case, is the Guacamole session, not the XRDP
session. That property controls how long a user will remain logged in
to Guacamole despite being inactive. It has no effect on the
connections themselves.

Re: Session is not invalidated even after inactivity as specified in api-session-timeout

shveta08
Thank you for this information! Has anyone managed to get the Idle Time Limit setting working when using xrdp with Guacamole ?
sesman.ini has IdleTimeOut but its mentioned on the man page that this setting is currently ignored. I am on a Ubuntu 14.04 System, using Guacamole 0.9.9 and xrdp 0.6.1-2.
Any help or any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Shveta Sharma

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am using guacamole 0.9.9 and am using RDP protocol to connect to my
> instance (xrdp). I have also used the No-Auth extension. Everything works as
> expected.
>
> Now, I defined the api-session-timeout :1 in guacamole.properties and can
> see in the catalina.out :
>
> INFO  o.g.g.n.b.r.a.BasicTokenSessionMap - Sessions will expire after 1
> minutes of inactivity.
>
> However, even after inactivity, the session is not invalidated. Is this
> because of the NoAuth extension or is this the expected behavior when using
> RDP (xrdp) ?

The session, in this case, is the Guacamole session, not the XRDP
session. That property controls how long a user will remain logged in
to Guacamole despite being inactive. It has no effect on the
connections themselves.

- Mike