Specify SSH Options when connection to host

Specify SSH Options when connection to host

Duarte Rocha
Hi,

Is there a way to either specify ssh options for a single connection or to all connections?

I'would like to change the ConnectTimeout to a lower value, so that when the users try to connect to a unavailable host the error message prompts after a few seconds instead of a few minutes.

If there is another(better) way to do this please let me know.

Sorry if this is a beginner question...

Regards,
Duarte Rocha
Duarte Rocha <[hidden email]>
(A)bort, (R)etry, (I)nfluence With Large Hammer?

Re: Specify SSH Options when connection to host

vnick
On Fri, Jul 6, 2018 at 10:32 AM Duarte Rocha <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Is there a way to either specify ssh options for a single connection or to all connections?

I'would like to change the ConnectTimeout to a lower value, so that when the users try to connect to a unavailable host the error message prompts after a few seconds instead of a few minutes.

If there is another(better) way to do this please let me know.

Currently there is not a way to specify this option, or a list of arbitrary SSH options, for a given connection.  The ones that can be specified are the ones you can see on the Connection management page.

If you'd like an option added, like the ConnectTimeout option, feel free to go over to the JIRA page and open a new issue, there:

Re: Specify SSH Options when connection to host

Duarte Rocha
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll open a request then and hope it'll be taken into consideration.

./Duarte

On Fri, Jul 6, 2018 at 10:44 AM Duarte Rocha <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll open a request then and hope it'll be taken into consideration.

I didn't see a feature request come in for this, so I went ahead and opened one:

-Nick