System requirement

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

System requirement

alipawsey
I have guacamole up and running with no problem on a VM. Thanks, very nice
tool.

1. Was wondering to know if there's any system requirement recommended for
guacamole to avoid any difficulties in case of many connections. I could
have around 100 students potentially connected to the system simultaneously.
2. I can't get filled up screen with VNC connections same as RDP. It comes
with black side margins and doesn't fit to the screen's aspect ratio. Am I
missing some settings maybe?

Cheers.



--
Sent from: http://apache-guacamole-general-user-mailing-list.2363388.n4.nabble.com/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: System requirement

alipawsey
Also was wondering to ask for any standard procedure for upgrade>
Is upgrade process simply updating dependencies to new one based on
http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/installing-guacamole.html#required-depen
and re-installing latest guacamole release again (front and back)?



--
Sent from: http://apache-guacamole-general-user-mailing-list.2363388.n4.nabble.com/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: System requirement

ivanmarcus
In reply to this post by alipawsey

From this post: http://apache-guacamole-general-user-mailing-list.2363388.n4.nabble.com/Guacamole-System-Resource-requirements-for-better-performance-tt5996.html#none

Mike has suggested 1 core + 2GB RAM per 25 concurrent users.

In my experience this has proven to be a good rule of thumb; with approx 80-85 users (of which circa 35 or a little more are doing intensive CAD type work and the rest a mix of documents incl PDF images) the average bandwidth when busy has been less than 20Mb/s, server load is typically in the range 1.5-2 (6 cores allocated) and memory use up to 8GB (incl OS) out of 12GB allocated.

I don't have many users with VNC, however those that do use it get full screen without any specific settings in Guacamole. I don't recall now which version of VNC [server] they're using on their Win10 machines, but it's likely to be UVNC, or TightVNC.


On 5/10/2020 4:44 p.m., alipawsey wrote:
I have guacamole up and running with no problem on a VM. Thanks, very nice
tool.

1. Was wondering to know if there's any system requirement recommended for
guacamole to avoid any difficulties in case of many connections. I could
have around 100 students potentially connected to the system simultaneously. 
2. I can't get filled up screen with VNC connections same as RDP. It comes
with black side margins and doesn't fit to the screen's aspect ratio. Am I
missing some settings maybe?

Cheers.



--
Sent from: http://apache-guacamole-general-user-mailing-list.2363388.n4.nabble.com/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: System requirement

ivanmarcus
In reply to this post by alipawsey

Is this just a general question, or are you wanting to upgrade from a specific version of Guacamole to another specific version? I ask because some version upgrades have specific requirements, others are more straightforward.

Upgrades usually work fine, however I have tended to create a new VM, installed the latest version of Guacamole, and imported the working database from the previous VM. This allows a clean installation (often with upgraded OS), and instant fallback available to the previous VM in the event of any issues.



On 5/10/2020 5:35 p.m., alipawsey wrote:
Also was wondering to ask for any standard procedure for upgrade>
Is upgrade process simply updating dependencies to new one based on
http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/installing-guacamole.html#required-depen
and re-installing latest guacamole release again (front and back)?



--
Sent from: http://apache-guacamole-general-user-mailing-list.2363388.n4.nabble.com/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: System requirement

alipawsey
This post was updated on .
Thanks for sharing this.
I am migrating from 1.1.0 to 1.2.0 and was doing the same thing (installing
freshly on new VM) but was thinking maybe could do it by guacamole
re-installation and save time on VM network setup.



--
Sent from: http://apache-guacamole-general-user-mailing-list.2363388.n4.nabble.com/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@guacamole.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@guacamole.apache.org

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: System requirement

ivanmarcus

Sure, 1.1.0 -> 1.2.0 should upgrade fine. See here for detail on 1.2.0 and compatability:

http://guacamole.apache.org/releases/1.2.0/


On 5/10/2020 6:37 p.m., alipawsey wrote:
I am migrating from 1.1.0 to 1.2.0 and was doing the same thing (installing
freshly on new VM) but was thinking maybe could do it by guacamole
re-installation and save time on VM network setup.



--
Sent from: http://apache-guacamole-general-user-mailing-list.2363388.n4.nabble.com/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: System requirement

Gerardo
In reply to this post by alipawsey
Hi !

well in my experience if you have a vm with 12 cores and 32 Gb RAM you can
handle 350 concurrent users maybe more if you made some tuning in the rdp
conection.


regarding the vnc , when you compile the guacamole server the proccess show
you if you have all package to give VNC in your guacamole infraestructure.

read the guacamole manual installation and check  the  libraries requiered.

Regards



--
Sent from: http://apache-guacamole-general-user-mailing-list.2363388.n4.nabble.com/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]