The HASH #

sciUser
Is there away to remove the # form the url ?

sample https://domainname.com/guacamole/#/client

Thanks

-----
A Cybersecurity Enablement Company
We don't just run you through the motions, Our labs teach you how to think!
Known good Guacamole  installations

A Cybersecurity Enablement Company
We don't just run you through the motions, Our labs teach you how to think!
Known good Guacamole installations

Re: The HASH #

vnick
On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 12:00 AM sciUser <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there away to remove the # form the url ?

sample https://domainname.com/guacamole/#/client

Thanks

No.  The hash is what tells the browser what anchor to go to - in more legacy web pages this would just tell the browser to go to a particular anchor in the page.  For the past few years JavaScript frameworks have used this to do web application routing within the browser.  So every part of the URL before the hash is something that is sent to the server to process, and everything after the hash tells the web application where to go within the code already loaded in the browser.

Is there some reason you need/want to remove the hash?

Re: The HASH #

sciUser
Originally this was interfering with our new react application, we have
worked past this now.
We now can dynamically provision split frame with lab guide on one side and
environment on the other with out losing keyboard focus and proper aspect
ratio adjustment.  Which I still consider a bug. Never-less we beat
guacamole in to submission.

Thank You

-----