Update passwords massively

Gabriel Huerta Araujo-2

Hi all

I have been assigned next work

User give me an users file with CVS format, is there something someone else has built to update their password massively? I mean, a program which reads record by record, take user key  and update password field with same value and so till the last record in CVS file.

Regards

Re: Update passwords massively

vnick
On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 10:36 AM Gabriel Huerta Araujo <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all

I have been assigned next work

User give me an users file with CVS format, is there something someone else has built to update their password massively? I mean, a program which reads record by record, take user key  and update password field with same value and so till the last record in CVS file.

There is no utility built in or provided with Guacamole to do this; however, assuming you are using JDBC authentication, it should be possible within any of the given databases to copy in CSV file, and, in the process, encrypt any provided password.  I routinely use PostgreSQL and I know there are COPY commands that will bring data in from a CSV file.

RE: Update passwords massively

Gabriel Huerta Araujo-2

Hi Nick

I apreciatte your soon answer.