User profile attributes from LDAP

Charaoui, Jérôme
Hello,

Is it possible, using the LDAP module, to sync user attributes such as Name, Email and Organisation during login?

Jérôme Charaoui
Technicien en informatique
Collège de Maisonneuve

Re: User profile attributes from LDAP

vnick
On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 8:35 AM Charaoui, Jérôme <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

Is it possible, using the LDAP module, to sync user attributes such as Name, Email and Organisation during login?

This is not implemented, no.

Re: User profile attributes from LDAP

Henri Alves de Godoy
Hi all,

Interesting question.

And conversely, can I use the attributes of Name and Email to feed the fields of users in Guacamole?

If so, which line for example would it be?

Thanks !
Henri.

Em qua., 8 de jul. de 2020 às 09:40, Nick Couchman <[hidden email]> escreveu:
On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 8:35 AM Charaoui, Jérôme <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

Is it possible, using the LDAP module, to sync user attributes such as Name, Email and Organisation during login?

This is not implemented, no.

Henri Alves Godoy
Tecnologia da Informação e Comunicação
Faculdade de Ciências Aplicadas - FCA
Universidade Estadual de Campinas - UNICAMP
Fone: (19) 3701-6682

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 9:16 AM Henri Alves de Godoy <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Interesting question.

And conversely, can I use the attributes of Name and Email to feed the fields of users in Guacamole?

I'm a little unclear as to exactly what you're asking, but, if you're asking if you can use the data from users in connections, the answer is, yes.  We call these Parameter Tokens in Guacamole:

If that's not what you're asking about, then maybe clarify a little what you mean?

Re: User profile attributes from LDAP

Henri Alves de Godoy
Sorry Nick for my english.

Yes from what I read, it would be to take advantage of the attributes of full name, email, to feed the fields when we access the list of users in the guacamole, in the Edit User section.

From what I found it would be the configuration of LDAP Extension Tokens

ldap-user-attributes: cn, givenName, sn, mobile, mail

Would that work?

Henri.