Using Guacamole for software training

sw6653
We provide training for a software product that we developed. This training
typically is done in person with hands-on computer exercises. We are
attempting to provide virtual training for this product. If students connect
to our computers via Guacamole is it possible for instructors to connect to
the student's Guacamole session to provide instruction?

Thanks

Re: Using Guacamole for software training

vnick
On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 1:58 PM sw6653 <[hidden email]> wrote:
We provide training for a software product that we developed. This training
typically is done in person with hands-on computer exercises. We are
attempting to provide virtual training for this product. If students connect
to our computers via Guacamole is it possible for instructors to connect to
the student's Guacamole session to provide instruction?

Yes, you can use Connection Sharing to accomplish this.  Probably the best way to accomplish this is to use the recently-introduced capability for admins to connect to existing sessions.

Re: Using Guacamole for software training

Peter De Tender

Sure! It's exactly what I am deploying in my setups, allowing students to connect to an RDP session, and have the trainer use "connection shadow" as extension of a regular connection.

Works quite good to be honest!

Thanks,

Peter

Re: Using Guacamole for software training

sw6653
Nick and Peter,

Thank you. I was able to connect to a student's session as a guacamole
admin. Perfect, exactly what I was looking for.

-Stu

RE: Using Guacamole for software training

Peter De Tender
Awesome! Glad to know.

And yes, it is a rather cool feature

Thank you. I was able to connect to a student's session as a guacamole admin. Perfect, exactly what I was looking for.

-Stu

Re: Using Guacamole for software training

bmullan
Let me ask the Question on this Thread a different way using an example.

- Say a class of 20 Students and 1 Instructor

- Is there a way where ALL the Students can use Connection Sharing to all
share the 1 Instructor's
session?

For example
- Create a group
- Add the 20 Students to the Group
- Then have the Group Connection Share the Instructor's sole Session?

Brian

vnick wrote