Using the Caddy web server as a reverse proxy

Using the Caddy web server as a reverse proxy

Chris Duncan
Hi,

I've been using the Caddy web server (https://caddyserver.com) as a reverse proxy with great success. Does anyone else here use Caddy? Are there any plans to add a Caddy section to the Guacamole manual?

Chris

Re: Using the Caddy web server as a reverse proxy

vnick
On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 7:34 AM, Chris Duncan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I've been using the Caddy web server (https://caddyserver.com) as a reverse proxy with great success. Does anyone else here use Caddy? Are there any plans to add a Caddy section to the Guacamole manual?

To be honest, I've never even heard of it up until now.  Not sure if there are any other opinions on adding documentation, but I'm not opposed to it - I've certainly been on the admin side of trying to find documentation for integrating Open Source Project X with Commercial Product Y and believe more knowledge is better :-).  You're welcome to fork the guacamole-manual repo on github (https://github.com/apache/guacamole-manual), modify it, and submit a pull request with the changes to add that documentation in to the manual.

Re: Using the Caddy web server as a reverse proxy

Chris Duncan
Ok, I'll have a go at some documentation. Just for information, Caddy has recently changed it's licensing model, but you can still download the source from GitHub and compile it yourself without having to buy a license.

There are some Docker images available for it as well.

On Tue, 29 May 2018, 13:41 Nick Couchman, <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 7:34 AM, Chris Duncan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I've been using the Caddy web server (https://caddyserver.com) as a reverse proxy with great success. Does anyone else here use Caddy? Are there any plans to add a Caddy section to the Guacamole manual?

To be honest, I've never even heard of it up until now.  Not sure if there are any other opinions on adding documentation, but I'm not opposed to it - I've certainly been on the admin side of trying to find documentation for integrating Open Source Project X with Commercial Product Y and believe more knowledge is better :-).  You're welcome to fork the guacamole-manual repo on github (https://github.com/apache/guacamole-manual), modify it, and submit a pull request with the changes to add that documentation in to the manual.

-Nick