Websocket messages

Henri Alves de Godoy

Hi all,

I need help with the websocket

I did the apache 2.4.43 configuration correctly from mod_proxy_wstunnel.so

But I still receive the message :server: 15: 52: 23.715 [http-bio-8443-exec-16] INFO o.a.g.t.h.RestrictedGuacamoleHTTPTunnelServlet - Using HTTP tunnel (not WebSocket). Performance may be sub-optimal.

I don't know what I'm missing anymore. What can it be ?

Is there a sensitive difference in using the websocket or not?

Follow conf:

<Location /guacamole>
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    ProxyPass http://server:8080/guacamole/ flushpackets=on
    ProxyPassReverse http://server:8080/guacamole/
</Location>

 <Location /guacamole/websocket-tunnel>
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    ProxyPass ws://server:8080/guacamole/websocket-tunnel
    ProxyPassReverse ws://server:8080/guacamole/websocket-tunnel
 </Location>

Thank you !

--
Henri Alves Godoy
Tecnologia da Informação e Comunicação
Universidade Estadual de Campinas - UNICAMP
Fone: (19) 3701-6682

Re: Websocket messages

vnick
On Sun, Jul 5, 2020 at 2:57 PM Henri Alves de Godoy <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

I need help with the websocket

I did the apache 2.4.43 configuration correctly from mod_proxy_wstunnel.so

But I still receive the message :server: 15: 52: 23.715 [http-bio-8443-exec-16] INFO o.a.g.t.h.RestrictedGuacamoleHTTPTunnelServlet - Using HTTP tunnel (not WebSocket). Performance may be sub-optimal.

What version of Tomcat are you running?

I don't know what I'm missing anymore. What can it be ?

You should look in your web browser console to see what messages it is displaying when it tries to open the websocket connection.

Is there a sensitive difference in using the websocket or not?

If you can possibly get WebSockets working you will likely have a lot better experience.  It will certainly work without it, but will likely be noticeably better with it.

Re: Websocket messages

Henri Alves de Godoy
Hi Nick,

The tomcat version is Apache Tomcat/7.0.76.

The web console does not show any message, as the RDP connection with Windows 10 is occurring without error. I can login without problems.

But from what it shows in the log, it's happening without websockets.

I also put the option on guacamole.properties

enable-websocket: true

Thanks !
Henri

Em dom., 5 de jul. de 2020 às 16:06, Nick Couchman <[hidden email]> escreveu:
[...]

Fone: (19) 3701-6682

Re: Websocket messages

vnick
On Sun, Jul 5, 2020 at 3:14 PM Henri Alves de Godoy <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Nick,

The tomcat version is Apache Tomcat/7.0.76.

I can't remember, but this version of Tomcat may not support WebSockets, or at least may not be compatible with Guacamole's implementation of it.  You might try a later version and see if that resolves the issue.

The web console does not show any message, as the RDP connection with Windows 10 is occurring without error. I can login without problems.

You'll have to check the Network tab of the developer console and see what status code is received when it tries to open the websocket.

But from what it shows in the log, it's happening without websockets.

I also put the option on guacamole.properties

enable-websocket: true

This isn't a valid option and will have no effect.

Re: Websocket messages

Henri Alves de Godoy

That's right, Nick.

I upgraded to Tomcat to 8.5.57 and the messages stopped. No errors displayed.

I conclude then that this was what was missing.

Thanks again.

Henri