apache vs. nginx what is better choice?

dfk1976
is there any difference or benefit in either using apache or nginx? or does
it play no role? any experience or explanation?

AW: apache vs. nginx what is better choice?

Joachim Lindenberg
As always the answer depends on what you want to do. For a comparison check e.g. https://serverguy.com/comparison/apache-vs-nginx/. For basic Guacamole usage you
Best Regards,
Joachim

is there any difference or benefit in either using apache or nginx? or does it play no role? any experience or explanation?

Re: apache vs. nginx what is better choice?

vnick
Looks like Joachim's reply got a little truncated :-).

My personal opinion is that Nginx is far easier to configure for simple tasks like reverse-proxy configurations for Tomcat.  So, if that's the only thing you're doing with it, then Nginx is pretty simple and low-profile.

Apache httpd is, again, in my opinion, more powerful in terms of feature set, and becomes easier to configure when you need other things like PHP, CGI, ASP, etc. - basically anything that does server-side processing of languages.  Apache httpd has modules for most of those, and configuration of those modules is pretty straight-forward.  I know a lot of them can be configured in Nginx, and I'm not expert on either httpd or Nginx, so, again, my personal experience driving my opinion.

For Guacamole, I generally use Nginx to front Tomcat, as it's usually the only thing I'm running on the server.

-Nick