auto-reconnect after sign out RDP connection

auto-reconnect after sign out RDP connection

alphablue
Hi I came to notice this issue with our lab computers recently where when our
students logout they are automatically logged back in. What we noticed and
we have recreated this issue ourselves is when you sign off the windows RDP
connection you get the below screen.

If you dont manually click home or logout the system will automatically
generate a connection error after few seconds as per the below screen.

Then it will automatically reconnect you back to the lab computer.

We have a lot of students doing the sign off without logging out and then
they leave the tab open and do something completely different only to
realize that they are still connected to the lab machine. Anyone knows how
to fix this?

Ab

Re: auto-reconnect after sign out RDP connection

mjumper
Administrator
On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 8:54 AM alphablue <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi I came to notice this issue with our lab computers recently where when our
students logout they are automatically logged back in. What we noticed and
we have recreated this issue ourselves is when you sign off the windows RDP
connection you get the below screen.

If you dont manually click home or logout the system will automatically
generate a connection error after few seconds as per the below screen.

Then it will automatically reconnect you back to the lab computer.

If the error appears after the disconnect, it sounds like the timer used by the client (to detect when the server is not responding) is not being correctly stopped at the end of the connection.

What version of Guacamole are you using?

apt@mpatra.com
Skype: iarpit22

Re: auto-reconnect after sign out RDP connection

asquare
Hello,

Please find attached the screenshot of error message I am getting.

Thanks & Regards,
Arpit Agarwal
Chat ID's:
GTalk  :[hidden email]
Skype :iarpit22
Office: +91 120 4561602
India Cell   : +91 99719 77770
USA Cell : +1-732-705-7727
The information contained in this transmittal is privileged and confidential.  The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail, and delete this message from your server.
 P Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to. Be Green.

On 30-Oct-2020, at 11:24 PM, Arpit Agarwal <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

apt@mpatra.com
Skype: iarpit22

Re: auto-reconnect after sign out RDP connection

vnick
On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 2:16 PM Arpit Agarwal <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

Please find attached the screenshot of error message I am getting.

Can you confirm that you installed guacd (guacamole-server) and that it is running?

apt@mpatra.com
Skype: iarpit22

Re: auto-reconnect after sign out RDP connection

asquare
Please find below the result as asked by you

oot@XXXXXXXX:~# sudo systemctl status guacd
● guacd.service - LSB: Guacamole proxy daemon
     Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/guacd; generated)
     Active: active (running) since Thu 2020-10-22 13:33:49 CEST; 1 weeks 1 days ago
       Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
    Process: 474 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/guacd start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
      Tasks: 1 (limit: 72284)
     Memory: 35.5M
     CGroup: /system.slice/guacd.service
             └─504 /usr/local/sbin/guacd -p /var/run/guacd.pid

Oct 30 19:17:19 xxxxxxxxxx.contaboserver.net guacd[504]: Connection ID is "$76a050f6-9428-4a04-988c-bb17f6c27fa1"
Oct 30 19:17:19 xxxxxxxxxx.contaboserver.net guacd[194697]: Security mode: Negotiate (ANY)
Oct 30 19:17:19 xxxxxxxxxx.contaboserver.net guacd[194697]: Resize method: none
Oct 30 19:17:19 xxxxxxxxxx.contaboserver.net guacd[194697]: User "@23ddd45e-186d-434f-8c42-d5bdec0ce032" joined connection "$76a050f6-9428-4a04-988c-bb17f6c27fa1" (1 users>
Oct 30 19:17:19 xxxxxxxxxx.contaboserver.net guacd[194697]: Loading keymap "base"
Oct 30 19:17:19 xxxxxxxxxx.contaboserver.net guacd[194697]: Loading keymap "en-us-qwerty"
Oct 30 19:17:34 xxxxxxxxxx.contaboserver.net guacd[194697]: Error connecting to RDP server
Oct 30 19:17:34 xxxxxxxxxx.contaboserver.net guacd[194697]: User "@23ddd45e-186d-434f-8c42-d5bdec0ce032" disconnected (0 users remain)
Oct 30 19:17:34 xxxxxxxxxx.contaboserver.net guacd[194697]: Last user of connection "$76a050f6-9428-4a04-988c-bb17f6c27fa1" disconnected
Oct 30 19:17:34 xxxxxxxxxx.contaboserver.net guacd[504]: Connection "$76a050f6-9428-4a04-988c-bb17f6c27fa1" removed.
lines 1-20/20 (END)

apt@mpatra.com
Skype: iarpit22

Re: auto-reconnect after sign out RDP connection

mjumper
Administrator
I think you're responding to the wrong thread, Arpit.

Screenshot 2020-10-30 at 11.45.22 PM.png (98K) Download Attachment

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 2:31 PM Arpit Agarwal <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

It looks like your Guacamole server just cannot connect to the RDP server. You need to make sure that the network and firewall allow RDP-based connectivity (TCP/3389, plus whatever return traffic is required) between the Guacamole server and the RDP host. Also, make sure that either your Guacamole server trusts the certificates presented by the RDP servers, or that you disable certificate checking (not recommended).

Re: auto-reconnect after sign out RDP connection

mjumper
Administrator
Nick, I think poor Ab's thread has been inadvertently commandeered.

apt@mpatra.com
Skype: iarpit22

Re: auto-reconnect after sign out RDP connection

mjumper
Administrator
Arpit, please confine your responses to your original thread where they are relevant. This thread was started by a different user to discuss something else entirely.

- Mike

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 11:56 AM Arpit Agarwal <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Below is the setting of rdp connection

apt@mpatra.com
Skype: iarpit22

Re: auto-reconnect after sign out RDP connection

mjumper
Administrator
Arpit - you are responding to someone else's thread as if it were your original thread. Please check the subject line and stop responding to this thread unless those responses are actually meant for this thread.

Your original thread was titled: 'Guacamole server error "The remote desktop server is currently unreachable" even RDP is working from default remote desktop connect' (https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r770332d2c0fd6ee3e97f7bbb65415e49d2526f7efd6e7f32be4dee71%40%3Cuser.guacamole.apache.org%3E)

This thread is something else entirely: "auto-reconnect after sign out RDP connection" (https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r94b696d0bad479a4cfc1ec55fbe4dc8111368a2a9919321adfac4148%40%3Cuser.guacamole.apache.org%3E)

Screenshot 2020-10-31 at 12.23.23 AM.png (57K) Download Attachment

Re: auto-reconnect after sign out RDP connection

asquare
Ohh so sorry My apologies i did not noticed this due to the pressure of this issue. Sorry again and will take care for this.

On 31-Oct-2020, at 1:20 AM, Mike Jumper <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

-Nick

<Screenshot 2020-10-31 at 12.23.23 AM.png>
For additional commands, [hidden email]

Regards,
Arpit Agarwal
apt@mpatra.com
Skype: iarpit22

Re: auto-reconnect after sign out RDP connection

alphablue
Hi mjumper I am using the latest 1.2.0.

AB

Re: auto-reconnect after sign out RDP connection

alphablue
Hi again Mike,
I am just wondering if you saw my message since someone used my thread for a
completely different issue.

AB