fedora 25, unable to start guacamole

mikeyciccarelli
I'm on fedora 25 and using all the built-in or from repo dependencies for guacamole. Unfortunately the application fails to start within tomcat. The only logs I have so far are:

20-Dec-2016 22:40:01.291 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.BasicServletContextListener
 java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sf/cglib/core/CodeGenerationException
        at com.google.inject.internal.ProviderMethodsModule.createProviderMethod(ProviderMethodsModule.java:275)
        at com.google.inject.internal.ProviderMethodsModule.getProviderMethods(ProviderMethodsModule.java:144)
        at com.google.inject.internal.ProviderMethodsModule.configure(ProviderMethodsModule.java:123)
        at com.google.inject.spi.Elements$RecordingBinder.install(Elements.java:338)
        at com.google.inject.spi.Elements$RecordingBinder.install(Elements.java:347)
        at com.google.inject.AbstractModule.install(AbstractModule.java:122)
        at com.google.inject.servlet.ServletModule.configure(ServletModule.java:52)
        at com.google.inject.AbstractModule.configure(AbstractModule.java:62)
        at com.google.inject.spi.Elements$RecordingBinder.install(Elements.java:338)
        at com.google.inject.spi.Elements.getElements(Elements.java:109)
        at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorShell$Builder.build(InjectorShell.java:138)
        at com.google.inject.internal.InternalInjectorCreator.build(InternalInjectorCreator.java:104)
        at com.google.inject.Guice.createInjector(Guice.java:99)
        at com.google.inject.Guice.createInjector(Guice.java:84)
        at org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.BasicServletContextListener.getInjector(BasicServletContextListener.java:84)
        at com.google.inject.servlet.GuiceServletContextListener.contextInitialized(GuiceServletContextListener.java:47)
        at org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.BasicServletContextListener.contextInitialized(BasicServletContextListener.java:78)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4853)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5314)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:145)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:753)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:729)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:717)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:1092)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDirectory.run(HostConfig.java:1834)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.sf.cglib.core.CodeGenerationException
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1333)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1167)
        ... 30 more

20-Dec-2016 22:40:02.024 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log ContextListener: contextInitialized()
20-Dec-2016 22:40:02.024 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log SessionListener: contextInitialized()
Connection to guacamole closed by remote host.
Connection to guacamole closed.

If you need anymore logs or information please let me know how to enable the debugging required in tomcat. The only thing I can note is there is no default properties file in /etc/guacamole on fedora 25, only a user-mapping.xml file..

Re: fedora 25, unable to start guacamole

mikeyciccarelli
I removed the unpacked guacamole webapp that currently is installed with fedora 25 and download 0.9.9 war file and deployed that.. seemed to fix the issue. So a couple of thoughts. Maybe I missed some weird dependency or something is just broke with guacamole release on fedora 25 currently. Just posting this here in case someone else runs into a problem trying to install with dnf using rpms from the fedora repos.