freeRDP

Wilhelm MOSER

sorry to come into the list with an urge.

your last post about adopting freerdp to freerdp2 was in August 2019 and it looks like nothing happened since.

I am on debian buster arm64 and yes I have no problem to compile something - i.E. guacamole with VNC support.
BUT as you know the best protocol is RDP due to its ability to refresh only the pixels and not, like VNC the whole screen.

Working with units like rockpro64 or Rasperry it is essential to keep the cpu and memory usage as small as possible.

And therefore I think it is really essential to have a working RDP implementation for guacamole (including pulsaudio and or alsa)

So please let me know when I can expect a working freerdp2 implementation and a configuration howto

btw.: to duplicate an active session would be important too.

Thank you
willi

Re: freeRDP

vnick
On Thu, Dec 5, 2019 at 11:08 Wilhelm MOSER <[hidden email]> wrote:

sorry to come into the list with an urge.

your last post about adopting freerdp to freerdp2 was in August 2019 and it looks like nothing happened since.

To say nothing has happened would not be fair.  Mike is working on this and has provided the link to the branch of his git repo where he's working on it.  You can likely see his orders there, and I would guess there has been some since August.

I am on debian buster arm64 and yes I have no problem to compile something - i.E. guacamole with VNC support.
BUT as you know the best protocol is RDP due to its ability to refresh only the pixels and not, like VNC the whole screen.

Working with units like rockpro64 or Rasperry it is essential to keep the cpu and memory usage as small as possible.

And therefore I think it is really essential to have a working RDP implementation for guacamole (including pulsaudio and or alsa)

Yes.  We understand.  It's why it is the single highest priority JIRA issue we have and it's currently blocking our next release.  Those of us who develop Guacamole also use it, so we experience the same pain you so in needing this support.

So please let me know when I can expect a working freerdp2 implementation and a configuration howto

I cannot provide this estimate.  Mike might be able to, but he's writing the code and then it'll need to be tested and reviewed prior to merge.  It's not going to be tomorrow or this week, and I would say it's unlikely to be released in 2019.

Please also understand that *everyone* involved in this project does so on a volunteer basis.  You're not interacting with paid developers at a commercial software organization - we have day jobs to pay our bills, and those demand varying amounts of time from us that impact our ability to volunteer time to the project.  Add things like family and community time to that, and sometimes the amount of time we're able to spend hacking away at code for free gets pretty small.  If I could have my way I'd get paid to do nothing but write code for Guacamole because I love it that much, but that isn't the reality today for me or any of the team members.

btw.: to duplicate an active session would be important too.

Connection sharing already exists in Guacamole.  The ability to have an administrator connect to already active sessions has already been committed to the git master and will be released in the future (not 1.1.0).

Re: freeRDP

Wilhelm MOSER

[...]

-Nick

Thank you so much for your quick and preciize answer.
waiting ;-)
willi

Kontaktdaten:
Wilhelm MOSER

Gentzgasse 65/13
A-1180 WIEN
mobile: +4369919294126
OE1WMR

http://www.moser-willi.at
http://www.net.co.at
http://www.demos.at

Hinweis: Die in dieser Nachricht enthaltenen Informationen, Aussagen und/oder Erklärungen etc. dienen ausschliesslich der Information des/der oben bezeichneten Adressaten. Unter keinen Umständen sind in dieser Nachricht enthaltene Informationen, Aussagen und/oder Erklärungen etc. rechtlich verbindlich, noch stellen diese eine in irgendeiner Weise rechtlich beachtliche Handlung des Absenders der Nachricht dar.

Please note: The information contained in this message, including any statements and/or declarations etc. made therein, serve as information intended exclusively for the above recipient(s). Under no circumstances is any of the information, statements and/or declarations made therein legally binding, nor does it represent any legal obligation on the sender of this message.

Re: freeRDP

Wilhelm MOSER

OK so I managed it until freerdp-2.0 will work out of the box.
apt purge *freerdp*
sources.list modified to stretch
apt update
apt install libfreerdp-dev
sources.list remodified to buster
apt update

compile was OK - tested with xRDP = OK
next the year-long issue with pulse-sound.
Sure it will take weeks to solve it.
Did it with VNC once