resend google authenticator link

paulr4444
Just a quick question. How do I resend the qr code link for google
authenticator (GA)? I have a user who had their phone replaced and they need
to install and re-link GA .

Thank you for your help.

Paul

Re: resend google authenticator link

vnick
On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 4:51 PM paulr4444 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just a quick question. How do I resend the qr code link for google
authenticator (GA)? I have a user who had their phone replaced and they need
to install and re-link GA .

You'll need to erase the TOTP data from the database for that user.  Unfortunately at this point in time that's a manual process - you have to go in and clear out the flag that indicates that the user has been configured.  There's at least one feature request in, already, for adding that to the admin page, but nothing has been implemented, yet.

Re: resend google authenticator link

paulr4444
Thank you Nick. I was able to find the entry in the database and clear the values from the entry.  However I now get an error stating the we code is invalid.

Paul

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 26, 2019, at 8:49 PM, Nick Couchman <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 4:51 PM paulr4444 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just a quick question. How do I resend the qr code link for google
authenticator (GA)? I have a user who had their phone replaced and they need
to install and re-link GA .

You'll need to erase the TOTP data from the database for that user.  Unfortunately at this point in time that's a manual process - you have to go in and clear out the flag that indicates that the user has been configured.  There's at least one feature request in, already, for adding that to the admin page, but nothing has been implemented, yet.

Re: resend google authenticator link

paulr4444
A quick update, the rows needed to be deleted and not just the values. This
worked great. Just need to make it a button on the users settings page. :)